• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee Journal publishes my letter

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Great work - we need to flood all the papers and blogs with pro-open carry letters and comments!

Politicians and their staffs read the papers especially local small papers and blogs closely - letters to editors count - keep them less than 200 words, focus on one point, and hammer it home hard!

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey there. I'm new to this site andI would like to be more involved in this issue. Here is a response to the opinions in sunday JS thatI wrote

In response to "Back to the wild west" attn all you cowboys??? Wow, I guess you have never felt that your life was in jeopardy or even worse your child. I want to paint a picture for you. Saturday afternoon, walking down the street with your 3 year old son, a man pulls a gun and shoots another man and kills him at a bus stop because he didn't like what he said to him . You are 25 feet from this incident what do you do? I don't get scared very easy and I am a rather large man that can defend myself and family well without a gun, as long as he doesn't have a gun that is. Let me take another brush stroke. A 76 year old man walking down the street minding his own business and is loved by his neighbors is beat down because 4 teenage boys are "Bored"???? Yeah, he lost his eye. I don't mean to be graphic, but that is the picture I wanted to paint. I guess it isn't always black and white. Flynn are you listening?
Mike
West Allis

tell me what you think

patriotguy

imported post

Back in 1986, I was in the Air Force stationed Germany (Law Enforcement). At that time Florida was about to allow concealed carry. Want to know what the anti-gun types were saying? Yup, they claimed that it will be the wild west, O.K. Corral, gunfights in the streets, etc. What happened? Crime went down. Just as it does everywhere open carry or concealed carry is allowed.

So here we are today with a gun issue. What are the anti-gun types spewing? Well, lets just say that they have had the same playbook since 1986.

I was impressed with the editorials in the paper that were pro-gun. Well thought out and stated. Unfortunately, the anti-gun types, especially the Sentinel Journal staff, keep going to the same tired old cliches about guns. Should Milwaukee be concerned about gun use in "the hood"? You bet. Problem is, no laws are going to stop the gun violence now! Does anyone think the thugs will want to open carry? Conversely, is the guy (i.e. Hugh) a threat in New Berlin when he open carries?
I guess I'm preaching to the choir here.

Let's keep up the good fight. I had a conversation with my state representative about CCW legislation. He assured me that as soon as Doyle is out in 2010, he will help get legislation going to allow CCW.

Molon Labe!!!

imported post

Forget sending letters. Want to really get your message across?
Someone needs to organize an armed OC march on Flynn's home turf.
Carry the fight to his doorstep, literally.

Waiting for Doyle's departure to secure CCW? Unless I missed something, in Wisconsin that's a privileged activity, not a right. Why would you want that?

PMartin

imported post

We don't need ammo...

Back to the wild west? Attention, all you cowboys out there. Now that it's been determined and officially announced by our attorney general that Wisconsin's Constitution states it's legal to carry a gun in plain sight, don't forget to strap on your holster when you go to the zoo, the museum, the doctor's office, the dentist's office, the grocery store and the theater, or maybe even the ballet! Because you never know when you might need to protect yourself from the "bad guys." No need to worry that you just might frighten any and all ages, man, woman or child.
And I can hardly wait until Milwaukee makes national news yet again. The headlines will read, "Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a.k.a. Dodge City."
Wyatt Earp, where are you?
Cecile Balestrieri Lanke
Milwaukee

Apparently the anti gunners are physically allergic to the mere site of a firearm, how long til they start filing lawsuits that we are assaulting them with the "Sight" of our firearms and demand damages?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I live in the heart of the old 'wild west'. By all accounts... I 'am' a cowboy. I carry a 1911A1 .45acpopenly... to the doc.. the dentist, the tax preparer, the grocery, the hardware store... everywhere. Nobody's frightened. And yeah... there are 'bad guys'.

They hang out in parkin' lots... they rob convienience stores 'n gas stations. Even banks. They just don't do it when they see some citizen heeled. Or... if they miss that little detail... it usually ends up bad for the bad guy(s). There are no shoot-outs in the streets. Arizona has been an open carry state since the beginning of Arizona... and prior. BTW... the Earps were the'gun grabbers' in 1881-82 Tombstone.

Self defense is a RIGHT! Cecile Balestrieri Lanke might want'a make a note of that.

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You have a point WI...if you are walking down the street with "colors " on and your hat tilted walking around like you the baddestTHUG on the planet with a side arm you should be questioned or put to the ground. ( my opinion)At the same time if you are walking down the street with your family and mindinghis/herown business then i think they should mind their own business. The story i wrote is true about the bus stop incident and for the first time in my life i feared formine and my sons life. that was scary. the thugs dont care aboutOC laws and never will. to be honest the only way to level out the playing field is to make it known it will be their life not mine.

BTW how could you see that gun on hugh. His arm is in the way lol

When i met my wife she was as anti gun as they come ....never fired a gun never held a gun and never even had her eyes on a real one. well that has all changed now she now has her own gunRuger LCPand can shoot with the best of them. but it also took alot of paitence and teaching before she would even fire it. she is still a little nervous shooting my p2000sk but she will do it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"The police shootings in Oakland on March 21 and then on April 4 in Pittsburgh"

It amuses me, too, to see antis equate these shootings with the open carry movement. Because, of course, in both instances the shooter was peaceably carrying a handgun on his hip, dontcha know. </sarcasm>

JohnK87

imported post

I remember when Minnesota had its debate over concealed carry. Libs on the podium in flak jackets talking about how "bullets would be flying down the street if we pass this." Well.... no. 50,000 carry permit holders later and there has been almost no crime by those holders, nor shootouts in the street. Except, of course, by those carrying concealed, illegally, with no holsters or anything to hold them.