• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Commentary re Flynn: To Hell With the Constitution; I’ll Do What I Want

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

To Hell With the Constitution; I’ll Do What I Want

http://digg.com/d1pesD?OTC-em-sh2

SNIP

"My troops"? They're police officers.

"Decide whether you have a right to carry it"? Ever heard of due process?

For someone who is supposed to uphold the law, even have a dedication to the law, by totally disregarding that law and infringing on the rights of others to keep and bear arms under the fear of being taken down, Chief Flynn exhibits a certain tyrannical and totalitarian approach, out of line with the Constitution. By defying the law, that’s what Chief Flynn is doing, he breaks it. His advice if put into practice is unconstitutional. It is he who is operating outside the law, by imposing his own rule on others.

The matter of open carry should not be a contentious one. And indeed, in the history of this country it has only become so in modern times.

Objectively, someone carrying a gun is not causing a disorder; this would only be in the eyes of the beholder, the mindset of each individual or of society as a whole who have had their sensibilities manipulated. Usually this happens in societies where limitations and restrictions replace liberties and freedoms, toward a particular goal.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I tried and tried to "digg" this but even when I am logged into the Digg it website I get an error message telling me that I have to be logged in to "digg it" when using IE

FRUSTRATING

Also, first time I have seen the "Digg It" tool bar.

When using Firefox... NO PROBLEM.... works like a dream!

editted for more infomation about functionality with a different browser!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I tried and tried to "digg" this but even when I am logged into the Digg it website I get an error message telling me that I have to be logged in to "digg it" when using IE
Right - you need to have logged in to DIGG.com to DIGG.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Mike wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
Right - you need to have logged in to DIGG.com to DIGG.
I attempted to log in from the login location on the Digg tool bar.... it indicated that I had logged in, at least it showed a LOGOUT option and it still wouldn't let me digg it until I access the system via FireFox instead of IE.