• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I OC this?

Lord_Kalen

imported post

Wa state law defines pistols as having under a 11 inch barrel and firing one handed I believe .... should be Legal to CC/OC

and the Serbus are AOWs , smooth bore pistols by deffinition , zip guns (even rifled) and any cartridgepistol Not C&R listed with a smoothbore are also AOWs , and if you stick a Verticalforegrip on a PLR-16 or AR pistol its an AOW now and you just manufactured it .........

Remington 10gauge flare pistols , and my understanding now the Ithaca auto burgler guns are legal C&R pistols .... the Ithaa is an arm and a leg but the Rems are about $300

Kinda wanted a serbu once myself years ago

Id think its wrist breaker to fire , the Marshal Witness protector shotgun I know has a longer barrel/tube and effectively a cut down stock grip ...... "hacksaw" grips transfer recoil straight to the wrist

5jeffro7

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
http://www.gsetactical.com/images/Ar15_Pistol_GSE.jpg

Thinking about it. I'm guessingthere's a good chance i'll have a combat-boot print on my neck by the end of the day though.

funny you should mention this...and forgive me for what I'm about to say as I'm new enough that I'm not sure when anyone is joking or not.

we all had a good conversation about this very TYPE of situation & all agree that it's a poor choice..primarily from the point of a more negative image of MOST gun owners. in a time when all rights are being restricted or reduced, the gun movement can not afford to have the kind of negative attention that this type of OC would garner. There was a lot of agreement that one who would carry something like this OR get all "tacticool"d up to OC is simply looking for attention and is more concerned with self-gratification than with the group as an entirety.

the entire OC field is about using your BRAIN and acting RESPONSIBLY, and I can't help but hope that this entire thread was nothing more than a joke because this is one mentality that this kind of movement has no place or need for.

say what you wish, but I"m sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Jeff

aktion

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
OC the AR? No

OC the SSS? Yes
Yup!... and that holster is only $145 on top of the $699 for the shotty plus the shipping, plus the $5 tax stamp, plus the Class III transfer fee.

<_< ... >_>
No doubt there are many folks with firearms that exceed that total before accessories are thrown in. So what's your point?