Thread: Are you T- shirts too long?

Post imported post

I have devised a clip that will attach to most holsters, and holds your shirt to the holster, between your gun and body. The clip will be covered in vinyl, so no slides or cylinders get scratched. I am gonna make a few more after work tomorrow, and test minor variations in design, but will ultimately probably start selling them after I make sure I'm not violating any patents or anything. I don't think I would even patent it myself. They will be $1. and available in black, stainless, olive, or brown.

What do you think?

Post imported post

How about a photo demonstrating it?

Post imported post

I have no place to host my image.

Banned

Post imported post

Spongebob wrote:
    I have no place to host my image.

Consider a 2 second google search for "free image hosting."

http://www.imageshack.us/

Post imported post

Patents are incredibly expensive, upwards of thousands of dollars. Been through it four times myself for work-related patents. However, a design patent (http://inventors.about.com/od/design...ign_patent.htm) is really inexpensive, somewhere around a hundred dollars I believe. Just something to think about even though it won't keep it from being copied.

Post imported post

Photobucket is a good place, too.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

HardChrome wrote:
    Patents are incredibly expensive, upwards of thousands of dollars. Been through it four times myself for work-related patents. However, a design patent (http://inventors.about.com/od/design...gn_patent.htm) is really inexpensive, somewhere around a hundred dollars I believe. Just something to think about even though it won't keep it from being copied.
    The filing fee for a design patent application is $230. The main cost of a design patent application is the draftsman's fees, which can be several hundred dollars. I don't recommend preparing your own design patent drawings unless you are a skilled draftsman. If you have an attorney prepare and file a design patent application, figure a total cost of about $1200-2000 depending on the complexity of the drawings. If/when the application is allowed (i.e., approved), additional PTO fees and attorneys fees will be incurred.

A design patent protects the ornamental design of an object. Design patents can be a useful protection strategy, but the protection is fairly narrow. They can prevent someone from blatantly knocking off your product, but they cannot prevent someone from selling a product that does the same thing but with a different ornamental design.

The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice, and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I am NOT your attorney, and I am NOT giving you legal advice.

Post imported post

Yeah. Exactly what he said.

Post imported post

I am not considering a design or utility patent. Thanks for the input though. (my aunt is a retired patent attorney)

I am getting my camera after this weekend turkey hunting ( I forgot my camera up north a few weeks ago) I will have some pics, and will probably begin taking orders.

As I said, they will be around $1 each, plus the cost of a stamp for shipping.