• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monument 4th of July Parade

Tequila

imported post

IIRC, there was a guy popping off a black powder rifle at the parade in '08. I do NOT think he had lead in the rifle but I could be wrongl

I do wonder how OC would be perceived at the parade though. Where I live there are a lot of ex-military and wonder how it would be perceived. I haven't spoken to any of the LEO's in Monument so don't know what the prevailing opinion is.

As for following 'right behind the police' to see if it made them nervous? I don't know if it would be a good idea. To me, (New to this forum and not experienced in what our goals are), I think getting the general public used to the idea of OC shoiuld be done in increments much the same as the far left has done with educating our young. That means doing it as inconspiciously as we can while exercising our rights of OC and 'testing the waters' so to speak. Then as time goes on, becoming more obvious to increase our visiblility and de-sensitising the public to our presence.

thoughts?

Regards,
Chas

mahkagari

imported post

I agree, Tequila. Putting our best foot forward, so to speak. Instead of making LEO's nervous, it's better if theywere comfortablethat we're on the same side as them about BGs. Making them nervous is going to have the opposite effect of getting them to educate themselves about what our rights are and respecting them.

hansolo

Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
imported post

I was joking. I do agree we should put our best feet forward and test the waters. But, I will exercise my rights no matter what anyone else thinks. Once we get pressured into tyranny by society, we are won.

I am one of those kids who runs up and shoots those muskets!

zig-zag

imported post

We don't want to give the the government any reason to try to come up with an unconstitutional law that would make it illegal to open carry in other cities like Denver did. The anti-gunners would have a field day. No marching behind the LEO.