Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look at me I was on SKY News.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

Video:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
    Story:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

Greg Milam, US correspondent
    Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.

Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
    The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
    Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
    Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
    "Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
    The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
    It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.

Flowers outside Virginia Tech
    Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
    "We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
    "I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
    This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
    Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
    Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
    "If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."

Post imported post

So that's what you look like...for some reason I thought you'd be better.. armed :P.

Good piece on your segment. When did they come in?

Post imported post

Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then.

They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?

Post imported post

Well, we're on the internet. Don't most Brits think we look like this:

or

:shock::what::shock:

Post imported post

What a biased story. But expected.

While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area

Post imported post

LW is a star!

Post imported post

When they began to interview the VT student , they said he was shot while trying to dial 911. A new Stephen King Movie is coming out: Dial 911 and Die!!

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then.

They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?
    I remember thatfirst weekend after the electionsCNN came over to VA Arms just down the road from you guys and interviewed Bernie there...I wonder how they pick one place vs the other...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

Video:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
    Story:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

Greg Milam, US correspondent
    Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.

Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
    The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
    Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
    Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
    "Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
    The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
    It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.

Flowers outside Virginia Tech
    Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
    "We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
    "I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
    This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
    Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
    Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
    "If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."
    You did us proud, buddy.. did us proud.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SEABEE-94 wrote:
    LW is a star!
    Shhhh!! Don't tell him that! It'll go straight to his head!

I'll have to look through my paperwork... I may already have his autograph

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:

I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

So now we have two pictures of you!

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:

I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.
    Yeah.

Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.

Post imported post

nova wrote:

While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area
    I have the Gold Dots but none of the rest, sorry.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:

I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.** I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

Yeah.

Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.
    Thanks I wanted to go but had to spend the evening packing up guns for the show.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm just glad Tomahawk had not yet discovered that photo back when he was posting pictures of my taste in fashion.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:
    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.

Doug, you promised your room mate you wouldn't post this photo on the internet....

Post imported post

I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.
    If you've ever thought about not paying your taxes you realize you are threatened with "gun violence".

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    nova wrote:

I have the Gold Dots but none of the rest, sorry.
    Thanks a bunch! I'll have to make it out to manassas and get a box. Everyone seems to be cleaned out of reloading supplies it's scary!

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    If you've ever thought about not paying your taxes you realize you are threatened with "gun violence".
    Yep, shocks a lot of people when I point that out to them.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:
    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.

Looks like the guy who didn't get the Geico caveman job!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    One of the reasons for my increased advocacy was the brutal slaughter of the Harvey family in Richmond, a few miles from my house.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast