Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Look at me I was on SKY News.

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

    Video:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
    Story:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

    Greg Milam, US correspondent
    Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.


    Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
    The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
    Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

    The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
    Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
    "Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
    The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
    It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.



    Flowers outside Virginia Tech
    Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
    "We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
    "I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
    This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
    Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
    Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
    "If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Herndon, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    336

    Post imported post

    So that's what you look like...for some reason I thought you'd be better.. armed :P.

    Good piece on your segment. When did they come in?

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then.

    They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Herndon, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    336

    Post imported post

    Well, we're on the internet. Don't most Brits think we look like this:

    or

    :shock::what::shock:

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    What a biased story. But expected.

    While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

    Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    LW is a star!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Virginiaplanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    402

    Post imported post

    When they began to interview the VT student , they said he was shot while trying to dial 911. A new Stephen King Movie is coming out: Dial 911 and Die!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then.

    They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?
    I remember thatfirst weekend after the electionsCNN came over to VA Arms just down the road from you guys and interviewed Bernie there...I wonder how they pick one place vs the other...

  9. #9
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

    Video:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
    Story:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

    Greg Milam, US correspondent
    Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.


    Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
    The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
    Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

    The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
    Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
    "Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
    The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
    It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.



    Flowers outside Virginia Tech
    Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
    "We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
    "I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
    This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
    Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
    Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
    "If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."
    You did us proud, buddy.. did us proud.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    943

    Post imported post

    SEABEE-94 wrote:
    LW is a star!
    Shhhh!! Don't tell him that! It'll go straight to his head!

    I'll have to look through my paperwork... I may already have his autograph

  11. #11
    Regular Member doug23838's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post

    RedKnightt wrote:



    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.



  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Herndon, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    260

    Post imported post

    So now we have two pictures of you!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:




    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.
    Yeah.

    Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

    Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    What a biased story. But expected.

    While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

    Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area
    I have the Gold Dots but none of the rest, sorry.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:

    **


    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.** I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

    *
    Yeah.

    Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

    Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.
    Thanks I wanted to go but had to spend the evening packing up guns for the show.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    I'm just glad Tomahawk had not yet discovered that photo back when he was posting pictures of my taste in fashion.

    Thank you, Lord. Thank you.


    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    doug23838 wrote:
    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.

    Doug, you promised your room mate you wouldn't post this photo on the internet....

  18. #18
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?

  19. #19
    Regular Member sccrref's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, , USA
    Posts
    741

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.
    If you've ever thought about not paying your taxes you realize you are threatened with "gun violence".

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    nova wrote:
    What a biased story. But expected.

    While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

    Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area
    I have the Gold Dots but none of the rest, sorry.
    Thanks a bunch! I'll have to make it out to manassas and get a box. Everyone seems to be cleaned out of reloading supplies it's scary!

  22. #22
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.
    If you've ever thought about not paying your taxes you realize you are threatened with "gun violence".
    Yep, shocks a lot of people when I point that out to them.

  23. #23
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    doug23838 wrote:
    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.

    Looks like the guy who didn't get the Geico caveman job!
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  24. #24
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453

    Post imported post

    sccrref wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.
    One of the reasons for my increased advocacy was the brutal slaughter of the Harvey family in Richmond, a few miles from my house.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  25. #25
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    doug23838 wrote:
    RedKnightt wrote:



    I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •