• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Look at me I was on SKY News.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

Video:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
Story:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

Greg Milam, US correspondent
Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.

Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
"Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.

Flowers outside Virginia Tech
Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
"We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
"I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
"If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."

longwatch

imported post

Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then. ;)

They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?

RedKnightt

imported post

Well, we're on the internet. Don't most Brits think we look like this:

gorilla_killa-708431.jpg
or
dontworry1.jpg

:shock::what::shock:

nova

imported post

What a biased story. But expected.

While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area :)

Virginiaplanter

imported post

When they began to interview the VT student , they said he was shot while trying to dial 911. A new Stephen King Movie is coming out: Dial 911 and Die!!

Chaingun81

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Two pistols with spare magazines, Tazer, knife, and pepperspray and access to loaded long guns and you think Im not well armed? OK then. ;)

They came in on Thursday to do their interviews. We have had 3 journalists come to G&A in the past month, I wonder why?
I remember thatfirst weekend after the electionsCNN came over to VA Arms just down the road from you guys and interviewed Bernie there...I wonder how they pick one place vs the other...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I put this up on news, cross posted here for the local folks. I was the one wearing my VCDL hat.

Video:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/dd75od
Story:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/culr2f

Greg Milam, US correspondent
Gun sales are soaring in the US amid fears that President Obama is planning a new crackdown on the ownership of weapons.

Gun stores in America are seeing a surge in business
The country is even facing a shortage of ammunition as gun stores are besieged by customers - even though the President has insisted he is not planning new legislation.
Seven million people have applied for background record checks with the FBI in the last few months so they can obtain a gun licence.

The Guns and Ammo store in Manassas, Virginia, says it has seen a 50% rise in sales since November's election.
Deputy manager Andrew Amerine told Sky News Online: "In October last year, even in the summer of last year, people started to anticipate what was going to happen in the election and were out buying ammunition and certain types of weapons.
"Now we are seeing people who are getting their first gun because they are worried they will not be able to get them in the future."
The surge in sales has alarmed anti-gun campaigners.
It has coincided with a series of shooting incidents across the country which have left more than 50 people dead.

Flowers outside Virginia Tech
Colin Goddard, who was shot and injured in the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago, said: "Many Americans have been victims of this and we are the ones America should be listening to.
"We are the ones whose lives have been affected.
"I understand that people who haven't had this happen to them haven't needed to have a stance on this issue. I wasn't really interested until it happened to me."
This week Congress launched a new attempt to close the so-called 'gun show loophole' which means unlicensed dealers can sell weapons without making any background checks on the purchaser.
Anti-gun campaigners have accused the gun lobby, including the powerful NRA, of stirring up hysteria to encourage people to buy.
Paul Helmke, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "A lot of people are reacting to the advertising.
"If you say 'buy now because supplies are limited' people are going to do exactly that."
You did us proud, buddy.. did us proud.

Tomahawk

imported post

doug23838 wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again. I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

Yeah.

Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.

longwatch

imported post

nova wrote:
What a biased story. But expected.

While we're on the topic of G&A, do you guys have any Unique and 2400 powder in stock? 124gr Gold Dots (100rd box of bullets, not loaded ammo), small/large pistol primers? I saw you guys extended the counter on that side of the shop so I didn't remember to check what was on the shelf.

Thanks in advance, I'll have to come back out anyways to say hi while I'm in the area :)
I have the Gold Dots but none of the rest, sorry.

longwatch

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
I don't ever want to hear anybody complain about my avatar again.   I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.

Yeah.

Between that pic and your avatar I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with a pencil, now.

Nice job, LW. Missed you at Fudd's the other night.
Thanks I wanted to go but had to spend the evening packing up guns for the show.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm just glad Tomahawk had not yet discovered that photo back when he was posting pictures of my taste in fashion.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you.

:)

Neplusultra

imported post

I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?

sccrref

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
I liked Collin's rationale that people should listen to what he's saying since "he's" been affected by gun violence. But, I guess shouldn't listen to us because we haven't??? How does someone graduate from college and have reasoning powers as such?
I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.

Tomahawk

imported post

sccrref wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I cannot totally agree with that rational. We have all been affected by gun violence or violence with a weapon. We may not have been the direct recipient of the violence but once we heard or read about said violence, it in fact did affect some if not all of us in some way.
If you've ever thought about not paying your taxes you realize you are threatened with "gun violence".