Thread: York County Permit

Post imported post

Did anyone else notice when you go to the basement to get your fingerprints done that the sex offender registry isjust down the hall? Anyone taking the elevator to the basement is either a juvenile offender, (same place you get your fingers optically scanned) a sex offender, or getting your prints done for the CC license...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

If you are a Poquoson resident, you shouldn't need to be fingerprinted; Poquoson has no ordinance requiring it per 18.2-308 D. Even for a first time applicant. York County, on the other hand, does have an ordinance. VCDL has been in touch with the Clerk and the Sheriff on this; they've been treating everyone the same, and they shouldn't. (For those who didn't know, York County and Poquoson share the courts and Sheriff).

Post imported post

The deputy that did my fingerprints wasn't the most friendly in the world, but he wasn't disrespectful or rude, either. I wonder if they have been REMOVED from the database now that I've received my CHL... That article (and ensuing commentary)about the elderly "Concealed Carry Permit" holder really makes one wonder.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)