• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

York County Permit

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Did anyone else notice when you go to the basement to get your fingerprints done that the sex offender registry isjust down the hall? Anyone taking the elevator to the basement is either a juvenile offender, (same place you get your fingers optically scanned) a sex offender, or getting your prints done for the CC license... :(

johnfenter

imported post

If you are a Poquoson resident, you shouldn't need to be fingerprinted; Poquoson has no ordinance requiring it per 18.2-308 D. Even for a first time applicant. York County, on the other hand, does have an ordinance. VCDL has been in touch with the Clerk and the Sheriff on this; they've been treating everyone the same, and they shouldn't. (For those who didn't know, York County and Poquoson share the courts and Sheriff).

MSC 45ACP

imported post

The deputy that did my fingerprints wasn't the most friendly in the world, but he wasn't disrespectful or rude, either. I wonder if they have been REMOVED from the database now that I've received my CHL... That article (and ensuing commentary)about the elderly "Concealed Carry Permit" holder really makes one wonder.