• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quantico National Cemetery

altajava

imported post

I have to go to Quantico National Cemetery for a service tommorow. I just got off their web site and did not see anything about "weapons". I know it's not part of the base so I should be O.K. Does anybody know any different. Second question, I'm going to be a pall bearer so would it be in bad tast to OC. I OCed at the funeral home on Friday and there were no :what:nor did anybody say a word about it. Thanks.

altajava

imported post

Yea, my VCDL info card says no carry on federal property. I keep forgetting the VA is a federal entity scince they do such a crappy job, or maybe that should be the first clue.

AbNo

imported post

altajava wrote:
Yea, my VCDL info card says no carry on federal property. I keep forgetting the VA is a federal entity scince they do such a crappy job, or maybe that should be the first clue.
Martinsburg, WV Clinic/Compound is posted. :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unless you are a part ofa uniformed military/LEO contingent, my opinion is that OC in a cemetary is in bad taste. That extends to visits outside of burials. As a pallbearer, it just increases the "it's in bad taste" level.

It is also my opinion, based on the experiences of myself and others, that cemetaries can be dangerous places where having a firearm is reasonable and prudent.

As others have already pointed out, Quantico National Cemetary is effectively a no-firearms (even in the car, broken down & locked away) zone.

My condolences on your loss.

stay safe.

skidmark

KBCraig

imported post

National Cemetery or not, OC at a funeral is in poor taste. Even though we would love to reach the point where no one thinks twice about a holstered pistol, as things are now OCing at a funeral would distract from the reason you're there: to honor the deceased.

Keep your activism separate from paying respects.

Of course, there may be funerals at which OC would be perfectly welcome and even expected, but in those cases you wouldn't even need to ask.

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45

imported post

We had a funeral for patrolman John Jones "Sgt" deceased in accident whilst off duty. Several un uniformed peoples had firearms on them, many I know were concealed under over coats, but thats besides the point.

I had to have my Class A's on, but many came from other states. i.e..state troops. But I didn't recognize allot of them who were carrying. Nothing was said. I just assumed they were fine either way, good or bad, didn't care. We all knew the purpose of the morning, and evening in fact.

As long as your legal, I see no issues. But i agree with everyone with certain situations dont agree with it. BUT that is at Your discretion.

*this is my opinion....treat it like an annoying fly...Smack it, Bash it, or just let it fly :D*

Thundar

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
It's Federal property, part of the Veteran's Administration. I believe that prohibits it. <looking for the actual code>.

Federal property does not necessarily mean prohibited.

If it is DOD property, then the policy varies based upon the base/post regulations signed by the CO.

RedKnightt

imported post

Thundar wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
It's Federal property, part of the Veteran's Administration. I believe that prohibits it. <looking for the actual code>.

Federal property does not necessarily mean prohibited.

If it is DOD property, then the policy varies based upon the base/post regulations signed by the CO.
It's not DoD, it's VA property, part of the National Cemetery Administration.

US Title 38, CHAPTER I - DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, PART 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS, section 1.218 - Security and law enforcement at VA facilities.

(a) Authority and rules of conduct. Pursuant to 38 U.S.C. 901, the following rules and regulations apply at all property under the charge and control of VA (and not under the charge and control of the General Services Administration) and to all persons entering in or on such property.

(13): Weapons and explosives. No person while on property shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.