• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How does Oregon define loaded?

rpyne

imported post

Sorry, this might sound like a dumb question, but I know different states have different definitions of "loaded". For example, in Utah it is defined:

76-10-502. When weapon deemed loaded.
(1) For the purpose of this chapter, any pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, or other weapon described in this part shall be deemed to be loaded when there is an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile in the firing position.
(2) Pistols and revolvers shall also be deemed to be loaded when an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile is in a position whereby the manual operation of any mechanism once would cause the unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile to be fired.
(3) A muzzle loading firearm shall be deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinders.

adamsesq

imported post

Oregon does not define loaded. They leave that up to individual jurisdictions. In Portland, for example, having a magazine SEPERATE FROM YOUR GUN but with live rounds in it = loaded. If you don't have a CHL you have to know the definition of loaded in each jurisdiction that you are in if you want to carry.

-adamsesq

rpyne

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
Oregon does not define loaded. They leave that up to individual jurisdictions. In Portland, for example, having a magazine SEPERATE FROM YOUR GUN but with live rounds in it = loaded. If you don't have a CHL you have to know the definition of loaded in each jurisdiction that you are in if you want to carry.

-adamsesq
It never ceases to amaze me how a place that is so "liberal" as to ignore and in some cases even support the drug culture of the 60s can't see the plain truth about liberty when it comes to being able to defend yourself and your family.

Such a definition of loaded boggles the mind and defies all reason.

Since Oregon won't recognize any other states CFP and seems to have taken lessons on lawmaking from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, I guess I'll plan my vacation this summer to a state that is more friendly.

When I look at the mentality of the east and west coasts, I sometimes wonder if there isn't something in the ocean winds that destroys peoples ability to think rationally.

JBURGII

imported post

OH, My first response was going to be .08.. but then realized what I was thinking..

What I find interesting is the new Police Chief in my town came from Salem as a seasoned veteran officer and could not quote any statute concerning loaded carry in Salem / Oregon.. had him looking up code.. which is a good thing..

Rev. Jim II