Thread: 1911 in .40 s&w

Post imported post

I am looking for a 1911 in .40 s&w for under $1000 can anyone point me in the right direction?

Post imported post

Dan Wesson is making some nice 1911s these days and have models in .40 S&W , you can find them for under a grand if you look.

Post imported post

Can it really be a 1911 if it is not a .45. Otherwise it would be a psuedo 1911. What would John Browning say to a .40 caliber 1911?

Post imported post

PT111 wrote: snip
    What would John Browning say to a .40 caliber 1911?
    JB, "More rounds and no loss in stopping power, why didn'tI think of this".:P
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    What would John Browning say to a .40 caliber 1911?
    Damn! My hand hurts too much from shooting it to draw the design of this BAR thing I'm
    thinking of!

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    My hand hurts too much
    :?.

.40 in a all steel 1911 is soft shooting.

Don't have a polymer or alloy framed one to confirm the above.

Besides, back then men didn't complain about recoil, they preferred it.
    Hence the steel butt plates on rifles.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Dustin wrote: That Para 9MM LTC is sexy.

Between that and the Kimber Ultra II I sometimes think I might splooge myself.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Rock Island Armory makes one

State Researcher

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    Rock Island Armory makes one
    Link? Punctuation? Unless you provide other proof, I can confidently say that RIA does NOT make a .40 1911.

Post imported post

http://www.armscor.com.ph/pistols_medallion.htm

Bottom of the page. 1911A2-40 Medallion Series. Dont question me boy! j/k j/k

State Researcher

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:

Aaaahh, it's an Armscor. I don't believe it's stamped RIA, is it?

On another note, I've noticed that some of the .40 caliber 1911's are only available in double-stack. That would kinda ruin the purpose of having a 1911 for me, lol.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Spectre wrote:

Aaaahh, it's an Armscor.* I don't believe it's stamped RIA, is it?

On another note, I've noticed that some of the .40 caliber 1911's are only available in double-stack.* That would kinda ruin the purpose of having a 1911 for me, lol.
    True but their GI 1911 are stamped with both so I would assume that the medallion series is stamped both Armscor and RIA. I wouldn't have a problem with it having either stamp on any of their weapons especially their Tanfolgio Imports.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:

True but their GI 1911 are stamped with both so I would assume that the medallion series is stamped both Armscor and RIA. I wouldn't have a problem with it having either stamp on any of their weapons especially their Tanfolgio Imports.
    Oh I have nothing against the brands, either. I just did an extensive search for a RIA 1911 in .40 and didn't find anything.

Anyone else notice that all the .40 1911's seem to be marketed as competition guns? I'm sure the adjustable sights and competition grade parts bring the cost up. It's too bad no one makes a good, reliable, tactical-style .40 1911.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Spectre wrote:

Oh I have nothing against the brands, either.* I just did an extensive search for a RIA 1911 in .40 and didn't find anything.

Anyone else notice that all the .40 1911's seem to be marketed as competition guns?* I'm sure the adjustable sights and competition grade parts bring the cost up.* It's too bad no one makes a good, reliable, tactical-style .40 1911.
    Yeah I noticed that too. I planned on saving a few dollars and building my own in .40 and tailor it to my personal liking.