• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 in .40 s&w

Sauce 22c

imported post

I am looking for a 1911 in .40 s&w for under $1000 can anyone point me in the right direction?

PT111

imported post

Can it really be a 1911 if it is not a .45. Otherwise it would be a psuedo 1911. What would John Browning say to a .40 caliber 1911? :lol:

Marco

imported post

PT111 wrote: snip
What would John Browning say to a .40 caliber 1911?
JB, "More rounds and no loss in stopping power, why didn'tI think of this".:p:lol:

Marco

imported post

architect wrote:
My hand hurts too much
:?.

.40 in a all steel 1911 is soft shooting.:lol:

Don't have a polymer or alloy framed one to confirm the above.

Besides, back then men didn't complain about recoil, they preferred it.
Hence the steel butt plates on rifles.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Spectre wrote:
Rock Island Armory makes one
Link? Punctuation? Unless you provide other proof, I can confidently say that RIA does NOT make a .40 1911.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Spectre wrote:
http://www.armscor.com.ph/pistols_medallion.htm

Bottom of the page. 1911A2-40 Medallion Series. Dont question me boy! j/k j/k :D

Aaaahh, it's an Armscor. I don't believe it's stamped RIA, is it?

On another note, I've noticed that some of the .40 caliber 1911's are only available in double-stack. That would kinda ruin the purpose of having a 1911 for me, lol.

Spectre

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Spectre wrote:
http://www.armscor.com.ph/pistols_medallion.htm

Bottom of the page. 1911A2-40 Medallion Series. Dont question me boy! j/k j/k :D

Aaaahh, it's an Armscor.  I don't believe it's stamped RIA, is it?

On another note, I've noticed that some of the .40 caliber 1911's are only available in double-stack.  That would kinda ruin the purpose of having a 1911 for me, lol.

True but their GI 1911 are stamped with both so I would assume that the medallion series is stamped both Armscor and RIA. I wouldn't have a problem with it having either stamp on any of their weapons especially their Tanfolgio Imports.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Spectre wrote:

True but their GI 1911 are stamped with both so I would assume that the medallion series is stamped both Armscor and RIA. I wouldn't have a problem with it having either stamp on any of their weapons especially their Tanfolgio Imports.

Oh I have nothing against the brands, either. I just did an extensive search for a RIA 1911 in .40 and didn't find anything.

Anyone else notice that all the .40 1911's seem to be marketed as competition guns? I'm sure the adjustable sights and competition grade parts bring the cost up. It's too bad no one makes a good, reliable, tactical-style .40 1911.

Spectre

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Spectre wrote:

Oh I have nothing against the brands, either.  I just did an extensive search for a RIA 1911 in .40 and didn't find anything.

Anyone else notice that all the .40 1911's seem to be marketed as competition guns?  I'm sure the adjustable sights and competition grade parts bring the cost up.  It's too bad no one makes a good, reliable, tactical-style .40 1911.

Yeah I noticed that too. I planned on saving a few dollars and building my own in .40 and tailor it to my personal liking.