• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is this "Open Carry Card"?

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hear a lot of people talking about having some little open carry information cards that explain the laws and such thatthey have and hand out, where do you get these? Is ther a file that you download and print out?

LEO 229

imported post

beradcee wrote:
One suggestion. Could u change it to say that OC of a LOADED firearm is legal.
It leaves room to say that the carry of an unloaded firearm is illegal. :lol:

altajava

imported post

LEO 229wrote

It leaves room to say that the carry of an unloaded firearm is illegal. :lol:

That is a "common sense" gun law I could live with.:lol:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

ed wrote:
send me a self addressed envelope with 2 stamps and I will send you a small stack of my Open Carry information cards.

Ed

Eds OC cards

PO BOX 16143, Washington, DC 20041-6143

What size envelope for the return? If your cards are standard sized business cards, that tells me what I need to know.

fairfax1

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
ed wrote:
send me a self addressed envelope with 2 stamps and I will send you a small stack of my Open Carry information cards.

Ed

Eds OC cards

What size envelope for the return? If your cards are standard sized business cards, that tells me what I need to know.
They are standard business card size.

beradcee

imported post

I just always get arguments from people whose neighbors, and best friends, and eveyone else they know who is a cop, that yes you can OC but it has to be unloaded.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

beradcee wrote:
I just always get arguments from people whose neighbors, and best friends, and eveyone else they know who is a cop, that yes you can OC but it has to be unloaded.

My card was not "designed" to settle arguments.. It was designed by me, for ME to use as a tool to educate others that ask me questions.. Someone asked me for a few so he did not have to make his own... I gave him a stack.. then others asked.. and I thought what they heck.. I will get them made by the thousands... so.. hit me up with SASE or ask me in person at OC events and I am happy to provide them.

Crash7795

imported post

ed wrote:

Ed

Eds OC cards

Do you take voluntary donations to help defray your costs? If I send you an envelope, and then another one later, and then... eventually, I'm going to feel guilty about it. :p

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
ed wrote:
Crash7795 wrote:
Do you take voluntary donations to help defray your costs? If I send you an envelope, and then another one later, and then... eventually, I'm going to feel guilty about it. :p
Don't feel guilty. I'm rich.:dude:
I knew there was a reason so many women were after you and not me !
It's the free OC Cards!