• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why carry a gun at a University?

nova

imported post

Mr. Engineer wrote:
Those two dip@#$%s from Columbine pulled the fire alarm and shot people running out.

That's not Columbine. That was Jonesboro IIRC.

Either way, Columbine helped people realize that the bullying that goes on is really uncalled for and can cause people to snap. I'm not justifying what they have done, but for a while some good did come of it. Cho was bullied as well but killed people he didn't even know.
Ooops, Looks like you're right. I know the fire alarm went off at Columbine too but it looks like it wasn't the shooters who did it, it was the fire.

Hendu024

imported post

Mr. Engineer wrote:
Those two dip@#$%s from Columbine pulled the fire alarm and shot people running out.

That's not Columbine. That was Jonesboro IIRC.

Either way, Columbine helped people realize that the bullying that goes on is really uncalled for and can cause people to snap. I'm not justifying what they have done, but for a while some good did come of it. Cho was bullied as well but killed people he didn't even know.
Don't know if anyone's seen this or not.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-13-columbine-myths_N.htm

Mr. Engineer

imported post

I'm more likely to believe the interviews of the students and faculty in the days and weeks after the event than a story written ten years later.

Also, I have a friend who knew one of the boys, what they have to say does not corroborate what is portrayed in the story.