• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N.C. Legislative Alert - Requires IMMEDIATE ACTION on YOUR part!

spy1

imported post

blank_pageThese two pieces of legislation are going before the Senate Judiciary II Committee on Thursday, April 30. We absolutely must act. Here are the email addy's of those on the committee:

Fletcher.Hartsell@ncleg.net,Austin.Allran@ncleg.net,Don.Vaughan@ncleg.net,Edward.Jones@ncleg.net,
Tom.Apodaca@ncleg.net,Bob.Atwater@ncleg.net,Stan.Bingham@ncleg.net,Joe.Queen@ncleg.net,
Doug.Berger@ncleg.net,Julia.Boseman@ncleg.net,Katie.Dorsett@ncleg.net,James.Forrester@ncleg.net,
Eddie.Goodall@ncleg.net,Jim.Jacumin@ncleg.net,John.Snow@ncleg.net,AB.Swindell@ncleg.net
Create an email, use the first addy above for the "To:" line. Then copy&paste the rest of the addy's into the "Cc" line as is(make sure you LEAVE OUT the comma before "Austin"). Then, copy and paste these two emails into the body of the email:
First EMAIL Subject Line: Totally IN FAVOR OF S.B. 928 - The Castle Doctrine
Dear Members, I understand this bill is up for consideration on Thursday, April 30th. I ask that you approve it and move it forward with all possible speed and recomendation for a vote. The State of North Carolina desperately needs this legislation to go forward. Because leaving legally-acting citizens open to the threat of civil and/or criminal action following any action requiring them to use deadly force to protecttheir homes, families and property is simply wrong. I urge you from the bottom of my heart to simply listen to this 911 call - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ExC7fE1LaY&feature=related- and then ask yourself: "If this had been my wife, daughter, sister or mother - would I want her to be subject to a civil suit from the perpetrators' family? Would I want her locked up or treated like a "criminal"?"

BecauseI assure you, that's what's happening NOW in N.C. without an effective, comprehensive, properly-written "Castle Doctrine" law on the books.
Thank you for listening. (Signed)

Second EMAIL Subject Line: Totally AGAINST H.B. 987 - "Safe Storage of Firearms"
Dear Members, This bill seeks to expand the current law regulating the "safe" storage of firearms. S987, introduced by State Senator Malcolm Graham (D-40), would impose regulations that would greatly diminish the ability of law-abiding, responsible gun owners to keep firearms in the home in a state suitable for defensive use.

Basically, the only ways to ensure one does not run afoul of the law proposed under S987 would be to have every firearm in the home "kept unloaded in a locked box or container, with the ammunition stored separately," or to have all firearms "kept unloaded and equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device."

Either "option" would render useless any firearms kept in the home for personal protection. The key to firearms being suitable for personal protection is to have them readily available to law-abiding, responsible gun owners. These two storage "options" would add precious time to the points between when someone realizes they need a firearm to defend his or her life or the lives of loved ones, and when that firearm is actually in a condition when it can be used for such a purpose. Unlocking a secured firearm, then loading it, can take as long as several minutes, which are minutes violent criminals can easily exploit to their advantage.

This "bill" needs to be buried - forever. It's worded in such a way as to beg for mis-use in its' future application should it be passedand is nothing more, really, than a hinderance and an infringement of legal, law-abiding citizens Second Amendment, God-given right.

Thank you for your time and for listening.
(Signed) OUR STATE OFFICIALS WILL LISTEN TO US - BUT ONLY IF WE CONTACT THEM! Thanks. Pete

chiefjason

imported post

I sent out emails to the entire committee over the weekend and posted my letter as well. I have heard back from 2, 1 positive and 1 unsure of. But I am prettysure Senator Jacumin will be on board, I have had positive responses from him in the past on gun issues. The positive response I got was from Senator Snow, who is a co sponsor of the Castle Doctrine and on the Judiciary II committee.