• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get together bulletin board

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

I just lost my job yesterday. I was paid by the company to come here from NJ. I asked many times before I started that I don't want to loose my job here, it's a big step and I wanted to make sure they really needed me here. Company hired a new manager (director of something) and he started to fire everybody. Lost 7 people two weeks ago and now me. I was shocked, still in little shock mode. I am not going back to NJ though (at least plan is to stay here in AZ and become an Arizonian). Hopefully I will find another job soon... soon enough before the bank melt down.

Anyway, what I want to say has nothing to do above stuff, it was me just sharing my little pain. My main point was that if I find a job again soon and started to earn nice income again... I might arrange GTGs called "Warm-up to your gun", probably once a year. All first timers should join (if it happens) to get used to walking around with guns on our hips.

:dude:

GWbiker

imported post

OC/CC 9mm wrote:
I just lost my job yesterday. I was paid by the company to come here from NJ. I asked many times before I started that I don't want to loose my job here, it's a big step and I wanted to make sure they really needed me here. Company hired a new manager (director of something) and he started to fire everybody. Lost 7 people two weeks ago and now me. I was shocked, still in little shock mode. I am not going back to NJ though (at least plan is to stay here in AZ and become an Arizonian). Hopefully I will find another job soon... soon enough before the bank melt down.

Anyway, what I want to say has nothing to do above stuff, it was me just sharing my little pain. My main point was that if I find a job again soon and started to earn nice income again... I might arrange GTGs called "Warm-up to your gun", probably once a year. All first timers should join (if it happens) to get used to walking around with guns on our hips. :dude:
I'm sorry you lost your job, you might want to consider conferring with an attorney with experience in Employment Law. Since the company moved you at their expense, which *might* imply a contract of sort, you may get some monetary satisfaction.

BTW, you're not the first person to be moved up into a better position, then get screwed over by a company who then brought in a new manager.

I've BTDT.:cuss::cuss:

Don C.

imported post

Over at http://www.arizonashooting.comthey had an open carry dinner at the Golden Corral in Gilbert on Friday April 17. I did not attend as I am unemployed like you andshort on cash as well. Now the people on the west side of town are planning an event. Look for the post over there. I'd be interested in getting together to help each other find work.

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

It probably is me, but I have only seen5 people OCing so far, all Harley Riders (not including myself). I keep trying to pay attention to people everywhere I go, but seems like I am the only one who is carrying gun openly at other places!

:?

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

Went shooting today again, I had my wife with me. Place was very crowded, all the lanes are full, store is full... and I was the only one with the employees that are carrying gun openly. My wife said "You are the only one with a gun here" and she was right. I mean com'n... even gun club members don't OC!? What's up with that?

Still yet to see someone carrying gun openly other than a few Harley guys. It looks like a shame. In Arizona? Which, one of the best places to have and carry guns, looks like NJ?

I too am planning to CC all the time when I get the permit... since I have no company :(

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Sorry about losing your job. I lost mine about 3 months ago.

You're better off here, though. New Jersey is a liberty-killing, freedom-squashing, happiness-destroying pile of ooze, along with most of the rest of the states in that area. My theory is that most of the Tories just went into hiding after the war, and came out later.

I don't think I could stomach living in a state that presumed to tell me what type and how many guns I could own, not to mention a state that insisted on having a list and description of all of them.

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

Funny you should say that... When me and my wife thinking other options, and going back to NJ comes up, all of sudden I feel like I will be leaving part of me here, and I don't like the idea. Not only the gun, I won't be able to ride my Harley as I do here, 360 days a year. It’s my primary transportation.

So, giving up my gun and Harley, or staying here... I think I am staying

:dude:

Slayer of Paper wrote:
Sorry about losing your job. I lost mine about 3 months ago.

You're better off here, though. New Jersey is a liberty-killing, freedom-squashing, happiness-destroying pile of ooze, along with most of the rest of the states in that area. My theory is that most of the Tories just went into hiding after the war, and came out later.

I don't think I could stomach living in a state that presumed to tell me what type and how many guns I could own, not to mention a state that insisted on having a list and description of all of them.