• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many in the chamber?

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If 'tribunals ' become acceptable when dealing with six year old children, there is at least a possibility there could be 71 bullets in the chamber ( 7+1 ) or ...!

unreconstructed1

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
"Officials could not say how many bullets were in the chamber"

How many were in the chamber?

Either zero or one!!

If not zero.... It cannot be any more than one.

:lol:
well, technically, if it was a muzzleloader, he could have loaded more than one bullet in the chamber....:p

LEO 229

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
"Officials could not say how many bullets were in the chamber"

How many were in the chamber?

Either zero or one!!

If not zero.... It cannot be any more than one.

:lol:
well, technically, if it was a muzzleloader, he could have loaded more than one bullet in the chamber....:p
I had not thought of that... you got me there!!! :lol:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HardChrome wrote:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19304674/detail.html#-

6-Year-Old Brings Loaded Gun To SchoolPosted: 4:23 pm EDT April 27, 2009Updated: 6:16 pm EDT April 27, 2009
FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -- [/b]A 6-year-old kindergartner allegedly brought a loaded handgun to a College Park elementary school, according to Fulton County school officials.When contacted by Channel 2 Action News, officials at Heritage Elementary School described the gun as a “small handgun.” Officials could not say how many bullets were in the chamber.School officials discovered the gun around 11:30 a.m. Monday morning. School spokesperson Susan Hale acknowledged that since school begins at 8 a.m., the gun was in the school for as many as three hours before it was detected. Hale said the 6-year-old boy showed the gun to another child, who reported it to a school official.No one was hurt.Fulton County officials said they do not believe the child intended any harm.The child was taken to the principal’s office and then sent home. He will remain at home until a school disciplinary tribunal, which will be held in the next 7-10 days.School resource officers are looking into how the child obtained the gun.
If it was indeeda real handgun, what kind of idiot/irresponsible gun owner lets a 6-year-old get his hands on it and take it to a school? :what:

Alexcabbie

imported post

HardChrome wrote:
And I'm glad there were no injuries because you know these guns can jump out and hurt people.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19304674/detail.html#-

6-Year-Old Brings Loaded Gun To SchoolPosted: 4:23 pm EDT April 27, 2009Updated: 6:16 pm EDT April 27, 2009
FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -- [/b]A 6-year-old kindergartner allegedly brought a loaded handgun to a College Park elementary school, according to Fulton County school officials.When contacted by Channel 2 Action News, officials at Heritage Elementary School described the gun as a “small handgun.” Officials could not say how many bullets were in the chamber.School officials discovered the gun around 11:30 a.m. Monday morning. School spokesperson Susan Hale acknowledged that since school begins at 8 a.m., the gun was in the school for as many as three hours before it was detected. Hale said the 6-year-old boy showed the gun to another child, who reported it to a school official.No one was hurt.Fulton County officials said they do not believe the child intended any harm.The child was taken to the principal’s office and then sent home. He will remain at home until a school disciplinary tribunal, which will be held in the next 7-10 days.School resource officers are looking into how the child obtained the gun.
Had this happened when I was in elementary school, the situation would have been handled thusly: A teacher would have taken the weapon from me and marched me to the principal's office. There we would have awaited law enforcement, who would have asked me how I happened upon the weapon. If I had taken it from my parent's house or a friend's house, the weapon would have been returned with a lecture about not letting kids get hold of firearms and I would have to carry a pillow to sit on for about a week. If I had found it on the street and decided to show it off I would have been lectured and the weapon taken as possible evidence, and if I lied about that but had really taken it from family or friend I would need that pillow for TWO weeks, and I would have known it and not lied. Especially for Kindergateners back then a "disciplinary tribunal" would have been thought bizzare and almost laughable, something akin to trying to sell the State a "booster seat" for the electric chair.

Nowadays "squirt guns" are only authorized (if at all) if they are shaped like bananas or fruit. But you know what? CONDOMS make great water balloons and you can get them from the school nurse, no questions asked, in a lot of places even if you are only 12. How in hell did everyday life get to resemble a damned game of Wack- A - Mole??:banghead::banghead: