Thread: Open Carry Memo - Status Report

Post imported post

It has been one week since AG Van Hollen released his memo stating that open carry is legal and does not constitute "disorderly conduct".

I have been keeping an eye on the local news stories about any subsequent issues related to the AG's memo.

As far as I can tell, there have been no reported street gunfights by people exercising their rights. The predicted wild west scenarios the media has portrayed has yet to develop.

I have also yet to find a single story about anyone open carrying that has been irresponsible, intoxicated, disrespectful, or "disorderly".
    Also absent:
    • Terrified residents witnessing someone carrying a firearm
    • An increase in gun violence (outside of Milwaukee's inner city)
    • Quick draw contests in WalMart
    • LEOs "taking down" people
    • Mass hysteria
    • Dogs and cats living together
    • Wrath of God stuff....
    Feel free to add your own.

Gov. Doyle's, Chief Flynn's, or Rep. Leon Young's (D-Milwaukee) comments? (insert crickets chirping here)
    Ah, the silence is deafening.

Post imported post

The thing that I don't understand, is why people have been freaking out so much. I spent 2 weeks in Arizona,I oc'd and cc'd the whole time I was there. It didn't feel like the wild west, and it was a very pleasant experience. Are all of these people afraid to visit AZ, because of all the gun toting cowboys?

Centurion

Post imported post

I was at a little league game this weekend and I didn't see anyone walk in carrying an AK-47 as Mayor Barrett was concerned about.

I also work downtown and I haven't seen anyone carrying an UZI down Wisconsin Ave as Mayor Barrett had worried about when asked about the memo.

Post imported post

What?? Nobody "barking" or "brandishing"?????

As I mentioned in another post, I remember when Florida was passing CCW laws in 1986. The usual anti-gun mantras were used, i.e. O.K. Corral, Wild Wild West, shootings in the street, etc. Needless to say, that did not happen. In fact, crime went down; as it does when sensible OC / CC laws are enacted.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

no news is great news!