Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCDL Constitution

Post imported post

I feel that if we take it a piece at a time, we can hammer some of this out by the next meeting.

Note* We don't have to have the whole constitution done and ratified all at one sitting. So we can go nice and easy on this.

I have ideas on the Executive committee structure to simplify when we get around to it.

Post imported post

Deleted

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

Code:
    If you as our group leader would maybe cut and paste the first section that you would like to start with, so that we can get started on it. Hopefully we will get a lot of input from our members

Fair enough Len, I already commented on Article #1

Post imported post

Under article #1.>>>

Ifeel our Mission Statement may besufficient to stand on it's own with no other explanation.

Maybe we can go back to, or remove the preamble entirely so as to notto haveredundancy with our Mission Statement.

Post imported post

I think several days on this will work.Ithink If I sense we are beating a dead horse after a few days, we can close Article #1 and move on to the next.

Post imported post

Deleted
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

Post imported post

Sorry folks, I'm in Denver for a few, I've been monitoring progress here but I'm too busy to do more than treasury/t-shirt stuff until after the next meeting.

I will continue to monitor as much as I can.

(ps, I still don't like the membership dues idea [Section 3b])

Post imported post

Code:
    (ps, I still don't like the membership dues idea [Section 3b])
    Good to hear from you Jay, the above will be adressed in good time.

Stay away from South Colfax Ave while you are there...

Post imported post

This postwasremoved to protect the integrity of the CCDL.

Post imported post

Code:
    Lets try to knock out an Article a day. Discussion on Article II will begin on Thursday.

I wouldlike to give it at least a few days per article to give people that may be busy time to contribute if they choose.

When we did the first of these online ad-hoc committees, it was pointed out by a couple of members that they were busy and could not drop stuff to jump right in. So easy does it please.

I am basing the few day concept on experience from the last efforts.

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

This postwasremoved to protect the integrity of the CCDL.

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

Article #1 is easy enough yes, but a reasonable time period for members to reply so we do not let people get the impression we are ramming stuff through.

I did send our an email about a week and a half ago that I would like to continueworking with this type of formatbecause it does help us conserve time at the meetings and I qualified doing so by the time period of several days.

Maybe if we send out another email reminding members thatdiscussion on the constitution is taking place here?

Post imported post

I did alert the entire CCDL group to hopefully inspire people to at least observeand even participate in the debates. Nothing will be official till we take revisions and vote them through article by article at the meetingnext month anyhow.

Thankfully though there are at least afew of us here to start on this stuff.

If we do not have responses on article #1 by tomorrow, then maybe Friday am we can continue on Article #2.

Post imported post

I think a change needs to be made to this

"Article I: Our Place and Purpose in the State of Connecticut

Whereas, the People of Connecticut are guaranteed the right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state; we shall be a statewide advocate for firearms ownership, education, and responsible legislation through:"

so that it doesn't say "himself". Maybe it should be "themselves"

Post imported post

Code:
    so that it doesn't say "himself". Maybe it should be "themselves"

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

I'm OK with it then, even though 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Post imported post

Well this is good stuff to debate, and question in a forum that we can have input with each other.

Debate is healthy, and necessarywith regards towriting policy as a team.

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

i'm never pc,it just didn't read right to me, but i would like hear what other think.

Post imported post

Sorry for the lack of a contribution here, I don't mind the gender specific as it matches what is on the State Constitution. The more PC folks tend to be liberals anyway and other than Lenny , most of us are conservative.

I vote for sticking as closely with the wording of the state constitution.

Post imported post

Good to hear from you Robert, We will open up closing debates at the meeting in May on Article #1.

We will start on article #2 tomorrow.I think we will accomplish a good chunk by, and during the next meeting.

This the tedious stuff. I want to be able to call a legislator and say :"Hi,I am so-and-so, andI am calling on behalf of the Connecticut CitizensDefense League"..

So let's roll!

Post imported post

Deleted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast