• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Constitution

romma

imported post

I feel that if we take it a piece at a time, we can hammer some of this out by the next meeting.

Note* We don't have to have the whole constitution done and ratified all at one sitting. So we can go nice and easy on this.

I have ideas on the Executive committee structure to simplify when we get around to it.

romma

imported post

Code:
If you as our group leader would maybe cut and paste the first section that you would like to start with, so that we can get started on it. Hopefully we will get a lot of input from our members

Fair enough Len, I already commented on Article #1

romma

imported post

Under article #1.>>>

Ifeel our Mission Statement may besufficient to stand on it's own with no other explanation.

Maybe we can go back to, or remove the preamble entirely so as to notto haveredundancy with our Mission Statement.

romma

imported post

I think several days on this will work.Ithink If I sense we are beating a dead horse after a few days, we can close Article #1 and move on to the next.

uskrusader

imported post

Sorry folks, I'm in Denver for a few, I've been monitoring progress here but I'm too busy to do more than treasury/t-shirt stuff until after the next meeting.

I will continue to monitor as much as I can.

(ps, I still don't like the membership dues idea [Section 3b])

romma

imported post

Code:
(ps, I still don't like the membership dues idea [Section 3b])

Good to hear from you Jay, the above will be adressed in good time.

Stay away from South Colfax Ave while you are there... ;)

romma

imported post

Code:
Lets try to knock out an Article a day. Discussion on Article II will begin on Thursday.

I wouldlike to give it at least a few days per article to give people that may be busy time to contribute if they choose.

When we did the first of these online ad-hoc committees, it was pointed out by a couple of members that they were busy and could not drop stuff to jump right in. So easy does it please.

I am basing the few day concept on experience from the last efforts.

romma

imported post

Article #1 is easy enough yes, but a reasonable time period for members to reply so we do not let people get the impression we are ramming stuff through.

I did send our an email about a week and a half ago that I would like to continueworking with this type of formatbecause it does help us conserve time at the meetings and I qualified doing so by the time period of several days.

Maybe if we send out another email reminding members thatdiscussion on the constitution is taking place here?

romma

imported post

I did alert the entire CCDL group to hopefully inspire people to at least observeand even participate in the debates. Nothing will be official till we take revisions and vote them through article by article at the meetingnext month anyhow.

Thankfully though there are at least afew of us here to start on this stuff.

If we do not have responses on article #1 by tomorrow, then maybe Friday am we can continue on Article #2.

fatcat46

imported post

I think a change needs to be made to this

"Article I: Our Place and Purpose in the State of Connecticut

Whereas, the People of Connecticut are guaranteed the right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state; we shall be a statewide advocate for firearms ownership, education, and responsible legislation through:"

so that it doesn't say "himself". Maybe it should be "themselves"

romma

imported post

Well this is good stuff to debate, and question in a forum that we can have input with each other.

Debate is healthy, and necessarywith regards towriting policy as a team.