• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Constitution

GoldCoaster

imported post

Sorry for the lack of a contribution here, I don't mind the gender specific as it matches what is on the State Constitution. The more PC folks tend to be liberals anyway and other than Lenny :D, most of us are conservative.

I vote for sticking as closely with the wording of the state constitution.

romma

imported post

Good to hear from you Robert, We will open up closing debates at the meeting in May on Article #1.

We will start on article #2 tomorrow.I think we will accomplish a good chunk by, and during the next meeting.

This the tedious stuff. I want to be able to call a legislator and say :"Hi,I am so-and-so, andI am calling on behalf of the Connecticut CitizensDefense League"..

So let's roll!

romma

imported post

I put in the qualifier back in section #1 Justin.

Code:
Article II now reads:
Article II: Our Organization

Section 1. Membership in our organization shall be open to all people with the willingness to operate in accordanceto the principles of our Mission Statement.

Section 2. The executive board will set the time, date, and location of the general meetings.

Section 3. The executive board will set the time, date, and location of the executive board meetings.

romma

imported post

I think we need to give it through tomorrow afternoon. People are working now Lenny. Someone spoke out against this process originally because they were working. I will post article three tomorrow afternoon unless there is an objection by tomorrow around noon.

How's that Lenny? I think we will get most of these articles done by the meeting. There will be some serious debate when it comes to the Executive Board though...

Protector

imported post

I express my apologies for not contibuting more for the past few weeks. I was out of the country until last Wednesday. Since being back to work last Thursday I have put in 103.5 hours there. Also Susan was in hospital over the weekend, this made for a rather exhausting time. All this doesn't allow much time for making coherent posts. Not wishing to re-open the items already discussed, I will limit my comments to the sections opened from here on out. Again sorry for my absense.