• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wanted to thank you guys...

T Vance

imported post

For helping me understand the laws pertaining to OCing. By Kimberguy setting up a table at the Gun/Knife show in Jackson I was able to learn about OCing. Had he not done that I may have aimlessly walked around believing that we are only allowed to CC. Also I wanted to thank those of you who have taken to answer some of the MANY questions i have thrown out there over the past few weeks not to mention these past few days.

You guys can't say it enough; WASH, RINSE, REPEAT!!! It seems like ALOT to read and can be very overwhelming, but it is crucial that everyone new and old to this concept understand EVERYTHING under that topic thread! I was one of those guys who just did a little more than skim through :cuss:, but it is imperative that you memorize the information that is under that topic!

Thanks again!

Michigander

imported post

I don't think there is a need to thank anybody. You've become involved, and now you're just part of the big picture of OCing in Michigan, same as the rest of us.

But as a side note, yes, the information is crucial. I have stated over and over that I suggest against OCing unless someone is extremely confident with the law. Anytime anyone goes somewhere OCing, it is best to first ask yourself if it will for sure be legal, and if you are ready for something bad to happen, such as an extremely unlikely gun grab, or an unlikely but possible negative police encounter. Without extreme confidence, I suggest against OCing.