Thread: So here is a new one for those in NOVA….

Post imported post

I’m sure some of you have seen signs around certain places, some private buildings but mostly federal buildings, prohibiting smoking within so many feet of an entrance. I have on several occasions been yelled at by security staff as I walk past an entrance, on a sidewalk, with a cigar (all have been federal buildings). Every time it’s happened has been in Arlington or Crystal city.

My question is, has anyone been hassled for carrying within the same perimeter? I know (Federal Register: December 22, 2008 Volume 73, Number 246 Notices Page 78360-78361)that there is a policy against smoking within so many feet of an entrance; but does anyone know if they try to enforce the same exclusion zone with weapons? More specifically has anyone had an issue with some of the buildings around the Pentagon Mall?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Stafford_1911 wrote:
    does anyone know if they try to enforce the same exclusion zone with weapons?
    I have never seen any such zone.. so I would question any enforcement what "what zone"?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

It’s an exclusion zone of 25 ft for smoking. Some of the entrances are directly off of public sidewalks. The FPS and PFPA can get pretty adamant about enforcing it, especially if you slow down to wait for someone.

Again I’ve never been armed at the time but they really don’t like cigars.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Stafford_1911 wrote:
    It’s an exclusion zone of 25 ft for smoking. Some of the entrances are directly off of public sidewalks. The FPS and PFPA can get pretty adamant about enforcing it, especially if you slow down to wait for someone.

You must not know the secret words!
    If the secret words don't work.....I light a second cigarette and repeat the secret words.

(A hint...Two words and the last one is "you")

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Screw those idiots. They're all nutcases.

(I'll go back in my hiding place, now)

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

IANAL but Public sidewalk, not private property tell them to move the building.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    IANAL but Public sidewalk, not private property tell them to move the building.
    +1, Wolf.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Stafford_1911 wrote:

If the secret words don't work.....I light a second cigarette and repeat the secret words.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Stafford_1911 wrote:

Are those two words "Thank you"? We must be civil! Make sure you smile at them when you say it. It makes them crazy.

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Stafford_1911 wrote:

Are those two words "Thank you"? We must be civil! Make sure you smile at them when you say it. It makes them crazy.
    Well....yes, they are two magic words, but not the ones I was thinking of for this situation. I reserve those words for most fellow gun owners, polite police officers and ladies (which does not include all females).

As a matter of fact, I had to use magic words on a woman at a Va Beach company yesterday and as a result....I may have to go to church twice on Sunday!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Stafford_1911 wrote:

Well....yes, they are two magic words, but not the ones I was thinking of for this situation. I reserve those words for most fellow gun owners, polite police officers and ladies (which does not include all females).

As a matter of fact, I had to use magic words on a woman at a Va Beach company yesterday and as a result....I may have to go to church twice on Sunday!
    What magic words did you speak, marry me? lol

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Stafford_1911 wrote:

What magic words did you speak, marry me? lol
    Not quite...but I did ask Sarah Palin if she was interested. She must be really busy because I haven't heard back from her yet:?