View Poll Results: Should Western and Eastern Wa divorce?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    12 30.77%
  • No!

    27 69.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Spilt the State?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Edwall, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    The idea of splitting Washington into two states is not new. But what are everyone's thoughts on the idea?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    398

    Post imported post

    Right now the state is slightly dominated by liberals. If the state split then the West, where many of us more conservative types live, would be entirely dominated by the liberals and we would be entirely farked. We need to stay together to keep some reasonable semblance of balance. Kind of like the overall US, which would also be farked if it split up into two countries, one red, one blue.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    Mhm.. might not like everything from this side but I don't see anyone saying no to the money that comes from this side...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Edwall, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    No! There ya go, you heard it.

    Kinda tired of paying for stadiums, new freeways, How bout that viaduct that is apparently going under ground? Don't want to pay for that either.

    I know that the Eastern side is seen as a wasteland of nothing. It's simply not true. If there isn't a house on it, it's being farmed, if it can't be farmed, it's being ranched. Those are yearly tax revenues. I know what your thinking, we have forests and they generate tax money. Yes, every thirty years they do.

    Did you know that in Spokane (the second largest city in Wa) they've been trying to get a north-south freeway for 30 years? Imagine driving from I-5 to the Narrows bridge with out Hwy 16. That's Spokane's situation. Two years ago they started finally, and now they don't know when it'll be finished because of budget cuts. I was in Vancouver almost two weeks ago and noticed that there's a brand new hwy from I-5 to Battle Ground. Wow sure could use something like that!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Skagit Valley, Washington
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    Are ya gonna secede from the USA while you're in the motion? Cause you could rally a lot to your cause if you did.
    I dream it is also as much of ID as wants to, all of W MT and more if they choose, E Oregon, and you might find once away from metro Seattle Tacoma you have a lot more folks in your favor than not.
    Just dreamin'.....

  6. #6
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    I don't buy into splitting states or the narion at this point.We just need to take the nation back and put the constitution back in in the forefront.No changes no modifications ,no re-writing.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Liberals dominate because they make promises that conservatives cannot make... they promise to givetheir constituentsother people's money. They promise to punish the successful and hide the truth by calling what they do "making the rich pay their fair share".

    Liberals lie, but whats worse, they lie in ways that even when caught lying, their constituents forgive them because they're either "doing it for the good of the planet" or they're "getting even with those evil rich" for the benefit of those poor minorities unfairly taken advantage by "insert business name here".

    Now don't mistake Liberal and Conservative with Democrats and Republicans.... not the same. While most Democrats are Liberals, at least 25% of Republicans are also Liberals, and most Democrats andRepublicans are big government progressives.

    We will continue to lose ground to the big government crowd as long as the majority believes we're a Democracy. Remember, the majority gets what the majority wants, Constitution be damned.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  8. #8
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    Gawd no! Western WA (quickly renamed the People Socialist Republic of *insert PC name here*) would end up with Governor Chuckles :what::what::what::what:
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Taco-Ma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals dominate because they make promises that conservatives cannot make... they promise to givetheir constituentsother people's money. They promise to punish the successful and hide the truth by calling what they do "making the rich pay their fair share".

    Liberals lie, but whats worse, they lie in ways that even when caught lying, their constituents forgive them because they're either "doing it for the good of the planet" or they're "getting even with those evil rich" for the benefit of those poor minorities unfairly taken advantage by "insert business name here".

    Now don't mistake Liberal and Conservative with Democrats and Republicans.... not the same. While most Democrats are Liberals, at least 25% of Republicans are also Liberals, and most Democrats andRepublicans are big government progressives.

    We will continue to lose ground to the big government crowd as long as the majority believes we're a Democracy. Remember, the majority gets what the majority wants, Constitution be damned.
    Close to a complete statement, but missing a little... ALL politicians lie, they lie to gain office and once there, they continue to lie until enough people get fed up with it and they choose another liar to take his place.
    We are getting closer to a true democracy, and that's a scary thought, after all, in a democracy the popularity of a situation dictates its outcome. For example, in a true democracy, if a group of thugs wants your house, and they outnumber you, they will get it and there's nothing you can do about it, kinda sounds like the way big government works, doesn't it? in a true republic, like our forefathers tried to construct, there are representatives to keep the checks and balances so this doesn't happen, but there is also the edict that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely (Machiavelli). So, kids, we have a government that takes more and more power away from the people and gives it to themselves through tacit procuration. This means if we don't holler about them taking our stuff, they assume they can have it.
    Split the state? What difference would that make? Nothing would stop the "new" state from becoming as bad or worse than the original.
    We should start to fix this problem by NEVER EVER voting for another career politician, those cats thrive on the big government welfare job they have and when they're done with it, they go onto the big government retirement welfare they created for themselves. Make 'em get real jobs and survive on the retirement plan they set us up with when they retire. Think socialist insecurity will get raped after that happens? I personally believe that if they were forced to live OUR lives, they would make things work for the working man, instead, they just want more for themselves.
    (stepping down from soap-box and walking away...)
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Skagit Valley, Washington
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    bugly wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals dominate because they make promises that conservatives cannot make... they promise to givetheir constituentsother people's money. They promise to punish the successful and hide the truth by calling what they do "making the rich pay their fair share".

    Liberals lie, but whats worse, they lie in ways that even when caught lying, their constituents forgive them because they're either "doing it for the good of the planet" or they're "getting even with those evil rich" for the benefit of those poor minorities unfairly taken advantage by "insert business name here".

    Now don't mistake Liberal and Conservative with Democrats and Republicans.... not the same. While most Democrats are Liberals, at least 25% of Republicans are also Liberals, and most Democrats andRepublicans are big government progressives.

    We will continue to lose ground to the big government crowd as long as the majority believes we're a Democracy. Remember, the majority gets what the majority wants, Constitution be damned.
    We should start to fix this problem by NEVER EVER voting for another career politician, those cats thrive on the big government welfare job they have and when they're done with it, they go onto the big government retirement welfare they created for themselves. Make 'em get real jobs and survive on the retirement plan they set us up with when they retire. Think socialist insecurity will get raped after that happens? I personally believe that if they were forced to live OUR lives, they would make things work for the working man, instead, they just want more for themselves.
    (stepping down from soap-box and walking away...)
    Amen ta dat!
    And throw out the pack of thieves in there now and let them know they are lucky to depart with their lives. Retirement? Get or lose one same as me, not from a gov't gimme....

  11. #11
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Hammer wrote:
    bugly wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Liberals dominate because they make promises that conservatives cannot make... they promise to givetheir constituentsother people's money. They promise to punish the successful and hide the truth by calling what they do "making the rich pay their fair share".

    Liberals lie, but whats worse, they lie in ways that even when caught lying, their constituents forgive them because they're either "doing it for the good of the planet" or they're "getting even with those evil rich" for the benefit of those poor minorities unfairly taken advantage by "insert business name here".

    Now don't mistake Liberal and Conservative with Democrats and Republicans.... not the same. While most Democrats are Liberals, at least 25% of Republicans are also Liberals, and most Democrats andRepublicans are big government progressives.

    We will continue to lose ground to the big government crowd as long as the majority believes we're a Democracy. Remember, the majority gets what the majority wants, Constitution be damned.
    We should start to fix this problem by NEVER EVER voting for another career politician, those cats thrive on the big government welfare job they have and when they're done with it, they go onto the big government retirement welfare they created for themselves. Make 'em get real jobs and survive on the retirement plan they set us up with when they retire. Think socialist insecurity will get raped after that happens? I personally believe that if they were forced to live OUR lives, they would make things work for the working man, instead, they just want more for themselves.
    (stepping down from soap-box and walking away...)
    Amen ta dat!
    And throw out the pack of thieves in there now and let them know they are lucky to depart with their lives. Retirement? Get or lose one same as me, not from a gov't gimme....
    The problem with that is that they continue to lie and the majority of people don't a) believe it or b) care.

    Oh, and everyone lies, but it's how you lie and what you lie about that makes you despicable. I think there are a few in Congress who probably lie very little, like Ron Paul for example.

    Our government was never meant to be made up of career politicians. A way to make that a reality once again is to take away their pay and prosecute them if they take any gifts from anyone for any reason while they serve. Family can give gifts, but if someone tries to launder a gift through family, everyone caught is ejected from the USA permanently. All representatives are clothed and fed through donations (which would happen) and then when their term was over, they'd return to the private sector. On top of that, take away all government spending except for the basic functions of government.

    Of course, my pipe dream will not happen without another revolution. We're back to taxation without representation and I can say that because taxes are not equally applied.... if they were, then we'd have taxation with representation because everyone would suffer the same tax burden.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Taco-Ma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    WOW! somebody other than me understands what "taxation without representation" means! I'm really stoked about this... For once in a great while I've been shown that the meaning of that wasn't lost in the translation.
    Indeed, you are correct, sir, the only way would be through revolution, however, the meaning of revolution does not mean hostility must take place. Showing those career-minded morons in the capitol (sic) city who the boss really is would be a good start.
    "Vive le revolucion!":celebrate
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    bugly wrote:
    WOW! somebody other than me understands what "taxation without representation" means! I'm really stoked about this... For once in a great while I've been shown that the meaning of that wasn't lost in the translation.
    Indeed, you are correct, sir, the only way would be through revolution, however, the meaning of revolution does not mean hostility must take place. Showing those career-minded morons in the capitol (sic) city who the boss really is would be a good start.
    "Vive le revolucion!":celebrate
    Agreed. Revolution just means a grassroots change of government. I would love a peaceful revolution. I would love to see more and more people forcing Constitutional reforms on a local level... meaning, we make our local governments adhere to the Constitution, and we work our way up, finally slaying (figuratively speaking) the Federal Dragon and reviving our Republic. Of course, the progressives have made peaceful revolution almost impossible, making a violent one almost a certainty... sad really.

    Of course, we still have time to avoid conflict if people in DC will just listen to reason. Ron Paul is one of the more reasoned legislators up on Capitol hill, but he is mostly sidelined by the progressives.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    And this is on topic how?

  15. #15
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    sv_libertarian wrote:
    And this is on topic how?
    I guess we're on the "Not splitting the State" side with our explanations on what needs to happen to begin to roll back progressive dilution of the Constitution and our rights right along with it.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  16. #16
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    And this is on topic how?
    I guess we're on the "Not splitting the State" side with our explanations on what needs to happen to begin to roll back progressive dilution of the Constitution and our rights right along with it.
    Huh? I never said that, but I suppose that is all your rabid ultra right wing brain could come up with, as of course anybody who doesn't jump in and start screaming "split the state" is against you.

    " NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!"


    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

    Also from the same post, the same rules for the site...

    "
    2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on polticis, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!"

    This one reeks of politics, not OC. Although I'm surprised you haven't started planning the Eastern Washington Milisha too....

    In fact I think the notion of splitting the state is friggin' stupid. If you can muster up the effort to legally do that, you can do anything you want in government. But instead you piss and moan, feel helpless and enraged and are unable to do anything about it, so you piss and moan some more and pull a liberal like stunt. "I don't like you. So I'm leaving."

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Edwall, Washington, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    How can we have a forum dedicated to gun rights with out discussing the politicians who try to strip our rights?

    Should the Moderator delete every post that mentions Mayor Nickels who is trying to strip citizens of their rights?

    And for it being a "friggin stupid idea". The idea has been around since the 1880's.

    http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/f...ate_in_two.htm

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Lots of ideas have been around since the 1880's.

    What Nickels is doing is directly related to open carry and gun rights, that is a no brainer. Digging up crazy secessionist ideas that haven't gotten anywhere since this state was formed are not on topic, also a no brainer.

    And I say again, IF YOU HAVE THE POLITICAL POWER TO SPLIT THE STATE, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING YOU WANT IN THIS STATE. But it's probably cooler to play aggrieved suffering son of liberty and demand a division of the state in order to "preserve our liberties" than actually do something productive.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima County, ,
    Posts
    506

    Post imported post

    How many of you that voted "yes" live on the East Side?

    The divide is not as strong as it is portrayed on the West Side. Sure, Eastern Washington pretty much consistently votes Republican (about 60% from my knowledge) but beyond that, it's not that different. There's certain cultural differences, but that stems both from rural culture and the fact that much of Eastern Washington has had a significant hispanic population for the past 80 years. Even the liberals don't like the West Side, it's kind of the straw man for all state-level political problem, but no one here suggests division, at least not in any organized way.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    partyncwby wrote:
    How can we have a forum dedicated to gun rights with out discussing the politicians who try to strip our rights?
    Easy enough.

    Take all the non-open carry stuff and post it on the forums at http://nwcdl.org
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Taco-Ma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    You're entirely right, exactly HOW can we have a discussion AFTER the government strips our rights from us?

    We need to be focused on a much broader target (so to speak), although gun rights and open carry are very important to our liberty as a nation, we are letting the bigger fish get away. Splitting the State would not help in this matter, rather it would create a diversion during the split which would ultimately see us losing more rights than those we "gain". Also, if the state gets split, the eastern side would have to raise their own taxes to keep itself afloat, otherwise they would have to rely heavily on the Federal government to keep things running, and that particular entity, once in place, will act like a loan shark until well after they are repayed.

    Short answer, NO.
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

  22. #22
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    And this is on topic how?
    I guess we're on the "Not splitting the State" side with our explanations on what needs to happen to begin to roll back progressive dilution of the Constitution and our rights right along with it.
    Huh? I never said that, but I suppose that is all your rabid ultra right wing brain could come up with, as of course anybody who doesn't jump in and start screaming "split the state" is against you.

    " NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!"


    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

    Also from the same post, the same rules for the site...

    "
    2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on polticis, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!"

    This one reeks of politics, not OC. Although I'm surprised you haven't started planning the Eastern Washington Milisha too....

    In fact I think the notion of splitting the state is friggin' stupid. If you can muster up the effort to legally do that, you can do anything you want in government. But instead you piss and moan, feel helpless and enraged and are unable to do anything about it, so you piss and moan some more and pull a liberal like stunt. "I don't like you. So I'm leaving."
    Gee you're just a little hot under the collar eh? I never said I was for splitting the state... in fact, I said I was not for splitting the state. I also said it was important for us to fightto STOPthe "progressive dilution of the Constitution and our rights right along with it". Gee, I suppose I should have said gun rights. I think the first 10 Amendments of the Bill of Rights need to be protected as a whole. We need to stop allowing the other side to pick each right apart separately as they've proved that by doing that, they can begin infringing on each one separately and gain more ground by doing so.

    Splitting the State is stupid and I never called for it. But I must say that I understand those who desire to split away from the rabid liberals as it is hard having to argue facts with people who lie constantly.

    I do more than piss and moan. I exercise my rights. All of them. I carry guns, I own guns, I speak in public at times, and I write here and other places including my local newspaper. I am in monthly contact with my State and Federal representatives telling them of my displeasure of certain bills and asking them to support some and not support others. I've had signature drives to petition our local representatives on issues like illegal immigration and gun laws and the only people who've called me a whiner have been liberals who disagree with me.

    And for the last time, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Every gun owner who is true to the Constitution is a member of the unorganized militia. If the **** hits the fan and you run into the woods and hide with your guns and your food... you are a coward and a traitor to the Constitution. Is that your plan?
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Skagit Valley, Washington
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Lots of ideas have been around since the 1880's.

    What Nickels is doing is directly related to open carry and gun rights, that is a no brainer. Digging up crazy secessionist ideas that haven't gotten anywhere since this state was formed are not on topic, also a no brainer.

    And I say again, IF YOU HAVE THE POLITICAL POWER TO SPLIT THE STATE, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING YOU WANT IN THIS STATE. But it's probably cooler to play aggrieved suffering son of liberty and demand a division of the state in order to "preserve our liberties" than actually do something productive.
    Is the above "on-topic?"

    And to the last statement, did you really think the state would split thru some political trading or haggling? Wow! And I called my earlier post dreaming!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    You know, I really like living here in WA. I think what we should do is kick out all the liberals and send them to their own special state to screw up however they wish. I mean, we do havethe guns...



  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Taco-Ma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    They HAD their own state, it's called Kalifornia, now even they got tired of it and came here to screw with our nice place to live.
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •