Thread: Fellow Texans - Please Sign this Petition ASAP

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

I have joined up with SCCC. I spent all day yesterday in Austin lobbying for HB 1893 and SB 1164. I need your help. Some of them are still on the fence. If we don't get these bills out of committees and onto the floor we are going to have to wait 2 more years.

Let's get this passed and start working on open carry in Texas for the next legislature!

http://www.petitiononline.com/18931164/petition.html

Post imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
    I have joined up with SCCC. I spent all day yesterday in Austin lobbying for HB 1893 and SB 1164. I need your help. Some of them are still on the fence. If we don't get these bills out of committees and onto the floor we are going to have to wait 2 more years.

Let's get this passed and start working on open carry in Texas for the next legislature!

http://www.petitiononline.com/18931164/petition.html
    I hate to discourage you, but if nobody listens to 60,000 signatures on that site, I don't think it's going to make an impact.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Well that petition was flawed from the start. There was never a bill introduced.

This bill has been introduced in both the house and senate with many co-authors.

This petition also asks for house and senate district. The open carry petition was flawed because it lacked enough information from petition signers to be considered legit by the texas legislation. I talked to several Senators and Representatives Monday. They look at open carry as a joke.

This bill only removes college campuses from prohibited places to conceal carry... Much easier to get support for that.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
    snip....
    I talked to several Senators and Representatives Monday. They look at open carry as a joke.

This bill only removes college campuses from prohibited places to conceal carry... Much easier to get support for that.
    Then they treat the 2nd Amendment as a joke and that is not funny.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Well, while "they" *DO* mistreat the 2nd Amendment, I'd hardly call the Texas treatment a "joke"...

Maybe a serious misunderstanding, among other things....

At any rate, the only way to get our rights restored is the same way we've given them up--one small slice at a time. If that's a good enough technique for the Brady Bunch, it's good enough for all of us.

I really think the Campus Carry bill has a chance of passing; it's getting plenty of publicity around here, and most everyone either (A) truly could care less or (B) is for it. There's a vocal "anti" movement, too, but nobody seems to think they make much sense, outside the drive-by media...and remember their interest is in stirring things up.

We (all of us) need to jump on board for any (ANY) legislation that either furthers the cause, expands the current acceptance (I'm not getting into rights/privileges/permission on this one) or gives anyone the opportunity to protect themselves in more places.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and we can't afford to give up--especially if it's even a baby step in the right direction.

My 2 cents worth. I offer it for free. It's probably worth what you paid for it.

Post imported post

cbunt1 wrote:
    Well, while "they" *DO* mistreat the 2nd Amendment, I'd hardly call the Texas treatment a "joke"...

Maybe a serious misunderstanding, among other things....

At any rate, the only way to get our rights restored is the same way we've given them up--one small slice at a time. If that's a good enough technique for the Brady Bunch, it's good enough for all of us.

I really think the Campus Carry bill has a chance of passing; it's getting plenty of publicity around here, and most everyone either (A) truly could care less or (B) is for it. There's a vocal "anti" movement, too, but nobody seems to think they make much sense, outside the drive-by media...and remember their interest is in stirring things up.

We (all of us) need to jump on board for any (ANY) legislation that either furthers the cause, expands the current acceptance (I'm not getting into rights/privileges/permission on this one) or gives anyone the opportunity to protect themselves in more places.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and we can't afford to give up--especially if it's even a baby step in the right direction.

My 2 cents worth. I offer it for free. It's probably worth what you paid for it.

I agree as well. A little at a time.

Gary
    Member:
    NRA - Texas State Rifle Association
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    Wyoming State Shooting Sports Association
    Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association
    NRA-Certified Firearms Instructor
    NRA Second Amendment Task Force

Post imported post

I support carry on campus, I hope you will also.:celebrate
    Member:
    NRA - Texas State Rifle Association
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    Wyoming State Shooting Sports Association
    Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association
    NRA-Certified Firearms Instructor
    NRA Second Amendment Task Force

Post imported post

I no longer live in Tx but I am still a resident (Military). I was raised there and would have thought this would have been the first OC state. I signed the petition to help out.