• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellow Texans - Please Sign this Petition ASAP

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I have joined up with SCCC. I spent all day yesterday in Austin lobbying for HB 1893 and SB 1164. I need your help. Some of them are still on the fence. If we don't get these bills out of committees and onto the floor we are going to have to wait 2 more years.

Let's get this passed and start working on open carry in Texas for the next legislature!

http://www.petitiononline.com/18931164/petition.html

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
I have joined up with SCCC. I spent all day yesterday in Austin lobbying for HB 1893 and SB 1164. I need your help. Some of them are still on the fence. If we don't get these bills out of committees and onto the floor we are going to have to wait 2 more years.

Let's get this passed and start working on open carry in Texas for the next legislature!

http://www.petitiononline.com/18931164/petition.html
I hate to discourage you, but if nobody listens to 60,000 signatures on that site, I don't think it's going to make an impact.

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well that petition was flawed from the start. There was never a bill introduced.

This bill has been introduced in both the house and senate with many co-authors.

This petition also asks for house and senate district. The open carry petition was flawed because it lacked enough information from petition signers to be considered legit by the texas legislation. I talked to several Senators and Representatives Monday. They look at open carry as a joke.

This bill only removes college campuses from prohibited places to conceal carry... Much easier to get support for that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
snip....
I talked to several Senators and Representatives Monday. They look at open carry as a joke.

This bill only removes college campuses from prohibited places to conceal carry... Much easier to get support for that.
Then they treat the 2nd Amendment as a joke and that is not funny.

Yata hey

cbunt1

imported post

Well, while "they" *DO* mistreat the 2nd Amendment, I'd hardly call the Texas treatment a "joke"...

Maybe a serious misunderstanding, among other things....

At any rate, the only way to get our rights restored is the same way we've given them up--one small slice at a time. If that's a good enough technique for the Brady Bunch, it's good enough for all of us.

I really think the Campus Carry bill has a chance of passing; it's getting plenty of publicity around here, and most everyone either (A) truly could care less or (B) is for it. There's a vocal "anti" movement, too, but nobody seems to think they make much sense, outside the drive-by media...and remember their interest is in stirring things up.

We (all of us) need to jump on board for any (ANY) legislation that either furthers the cause, expands the current acceptance (I'm not getting into rights/privileges/permission on this one) or gives anyone the opportunity to protect themselves in more places.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and we can't afford to give up--especially if it's even a baby step in the right direction.

My 2 cents worth. I offer it for free. It's probably worth what you paid for it.

GaryAdrian

imported post

cbunt1 wrote:
Well, while "they" *DO* mistreat the 2nd Amendment, I'd hardly call the Texas treatment a "joke"...

Maybe a serious misunderstanding, among other things....

At any rate, the only way to get our rights restored is the same way we've given them up--one small slice at a time. If that's a good enough technique for the Brady Bunch, it's good enough for all of us.

I really think the Campus Carry bill has a chance of passing; it's getting plenty of publicity around here, and most everyone either (A) truly could care less or (B) is for it. There's a vocal "anti" movement, too, but nobody seems to think they make much sense, outside the drive-by media...and remember their interest is in stirring things up.

We (all of us) need to jump on board for any (ANY) legislation that either furthers the cause, expands the current acceptance (I'm not getting into rights/privileges/permission on this one) or gives anyone the opportunity to protect themselves in more places.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and we can't afford to give up--especially if it's even a baby step in the right direction.

My 2 cents worth. I offer it for free. It's probably worth what you paid for it.

I agree as well. A little at a time.

Gary

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I no longer live in Tx but I am still a resident (Military). I was raised there and would have thought this would have been the first OC state. I signed the petition to help out.