Thread: New to the Shreveport area.

Post imported post

I just recently moved from Texas and found out today that Louisana is an open carry state, I`ve been going down and reading some of the stories, and am a little nervous about carrying in the open. Trust me since I`ve been here or anywhere for all that since I got my CCW I have not been at least 2 steps away from my gun. My question is has anyone run into any issues in this area while OC`ing. The stares I can handle and the occasional question here and there I can too, but has anyone ran into any issues?

Thanks,

Dr.Evil911

Post imported post

I'm in the Shreveport area as well. Me and some friends have OC'ed around town and never had any issues. We still get the occasional stares, but SBC seems to be fairly gun-friendly. Some last minute snags prevented us from going to the meet-up at Lea's last Saturday, so a few of us are trying to get something organized for this area to have an OC meet-up. I'm thinking a lunch, then for those who want to, a trip to the range.

Would you be interested? This would give us all a chance to get to know the others in the area that OC.

Robert

Post imported post

Yea thats cool with me!! I`m new in the area so I`m still getting use to the things around here. Lol I`ve actually been looking for a rabge around here. I need to get rid of some old Ammo. So I`m Game!!

Post imported post

I'm near Texarkana, so welcome to the ArkLaTex!

One bit of advice: Crawdaddy's Kitchen on Mansfield Rd. is the place to get your feed on if you like crawfish and Cajun food. I'll be there Friday evening (CCing, since there is some question about OC in places that serve alcohol).

Kevin

Post imported post

Bienvenue drevil911!
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

Welcome to Louisiana. One of our most noted members is from the Shreveport area - LouisianaCarry. You should check out his legal links on his website http://www.louisianacarry.org/then peruse the OCDO Lousiana board for awhile to read some of the stories here.

Post imported post

Here I am.

You are welcome to give me a buzz sometime.

584-4105