• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the Shreveport area.

Drevil911

imported post

:DI just recently moved from Texas and found out today that Louisana is an open carry state, I`ve been going down and reading some of the stories, and am a little nervous about carrying in the open. Trust me since I`ve been here or anywhere for all that since I got my CCW I have not been at least 2 steps away from my gun. My question is has anyone run into any issues in this area while OC`ing. The stares I can handle and the occasional question here and there I can too, but has anyone ran into any issues?

Thanks,

Dr.Evil911:cool:

99vengeur

imported post

I'm in the Shreveport area as well. Me and some friends have OC'ed around town and never had any issues. We still get the occasional stares, but SBC seems to be fairly gun-friendly. Some last minute snags prevented us from going to the meet-up at Lea's last Saturday, so a few of us are trying to get something organized for this area to have an OC meet-up. I'm thinking a lunch, then for those who want to, a trip to the range.

Would you be interested? This would give us all a chance to get to know the others in the area that OC.

Robert

Drevil911

imported post

Yea thats cool with me!! I`m new in the area so I`m still getting use to the things around here. Lol I`ve actually been looking for a rabge around here. I need to get rid of some old Ammo. So I`m Game!!

KBCraig

imported post

I'm near Texarkana, so welcome to the ArkLaTex!

One bit of advice: Crawdaddy's Kitchen on Mansfield Rd. is the place to get your feed on if you like crawfish and Cajun food. I'll be there Friday evening (CCing, since there is some question about OC in places that serve alcohol).

Kevin