Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Gun Do You OC?

Post imported post

I've been doing my first few open carries this week. So far I've only been carrying a little snub nose 38 revolverin a small leather holster. I think I have been choosing the smaller gun hoping less people will notice. I'm thinking about doing an open carry tonight on my way home with my 9mm. I was really just wondering if most of you carried semis are revolvers and what calibers?

Post imported post

my bad i just found the correct forum

Post imported post

S&W 686 (L Frame) .357 Magnum Revolver.

Post imported post

Mid 90s Sig P220 (says "Made in West Germany"!)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Full size 5 inch stainless steel Kimber 1911, .45 cal. It's my daily carry.

Post imported post

Much like the shoes and purse, the gun and rig must also match the outfit and occasion. Maybe that's a girl thing, but you did appear to ask me. :P

Post imported post

Daily carry right now is a S&W 581 (L frame) loaded with hot .357 JHP's, outfitted in some Pachmayr's and a Fobus roto paddle holster. I bobbed the hammer for easier drawing (plus, a DA gun with a spur didn't make a whole lot of sense).

Post imported post

That's pretty cute. On what occasions and with what kind of outfit?

I'd do big frames in blue jeans to events where I specifically wanted it to be noticed and/or was using it in competition.

Small frames in other realms.

Shiny in some, subdued in others.

Belt in some, shoulder in others - same for ankle, thigh, belly and back. Holsters are important accessories. They make the same gun more versatile.

What rigs do y'all have for different occasions? Business casual events, formal events, kid events, gardening, etc?

Does anyone own only one rig and carry the same rig for every occasion? If so, how do you best work it out and are you considering other additions to the wardrobe?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I either carry a USFA SA .45 Long Colt in a cross draw or a CZ82 (Mak 9mm) in what appears to be a heavy black leather Czech Police service holster.

Post imported post

Pamiam wrote:

I'd do big frames in blue jeans to events where I specifically wanted it to be noticed and/or was using it in competition.

Belt in some, shoulder in others - same for ankle, thigh, belly and back. Holsters are important accessories. They make the same gun more versatile.

What rigs do y'all have for different occasions? Business casual events, formal events, kid events, gardening, etc?

Does anyone own only one rig and carry the same rig for every occasion? If so, how do you best work it out and are you considering other additions to the wardrobe?

Other than making sure the gun wasn't concealed when out and about, i haven't really thought about "looks" and "matching" when carrying. So far, the black gun and holster seems to go with everything I own.

99% of the time I wear dark to light blue jeans, black or white shirt with a dark or light colored unbuttoned over shirt and a pair of red/black DC's, sometimes a black beanie in the winter. Not alot of options when you're 6'4" 350lbs.

I currently only have one rig and carry piece, when I get my CCW, i'll probably get a shoulder rig and carry and wear it under a overshirt.

Post imported post

Now that I know my Glock 38 fits in the Serpa I bought for my M&P I alternate that with my Glock 19, alsoin a Serpa holster.

Post imported post

The largest I carry is a Ruger GP100 4".

Post imported post

I've been oc'ing this in the holster it comes with. Need to get my camera working so I can show actual pic of it.

Post imported post

I OC a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in 9MM in a fobus holster

A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

I carry a taurus pt 1911 in a blackhawk serpa holster

Post imported post

I carry a Glock 21 CC and OC when I want.

Post imported post

I carry a XD45ACP Tactical (5") in the following:

OWB any outfit Blackhawk Serpa modified to accept CTC Grips

IWB also any outfit CrossBreed SuperTuck

Will

Banned

Post imported post

For all the people open carrying in a Fobus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ht=fobus+break

Post imported post

BhmBill wrote:
    Pamiam wrote:

Other than making sure the gun wasn't concealed when out and about, i haven't really thought about "looks" and "matching" when carrying. So far, the black gun and holster seems to go with everything I own.

99% of the time I wear dark to light blue jeans, black or white shirt with a dark or light colored unbuttoned over shirt and a pair of red/black DC's, sometimes a black beanie in the winter. Not alot of options when you're 6'4" 350lbs.

I currently only have one rig and carry piece, when I get my CCW, i'll probably get a shoulder rig and carry and wear it under a overshirt.
    From reading this thread, my response appears to be unique.

Not alot of options when you're 6'4" 350lbs.
    ...and male - and I must say, not much of a target, either. 6'4 and 350 lbs isn't exactly the prime profile for the bad guys.

Women don't have that advantage, so we need a lot more options - particularly those of us in states w/o oc.

If you guys ever find yourself in need of a carry solution for a specific circumstance, consult an experienced woman. She won't let you down.

As a sidenote: I've seen some guys running around sporting 454 Casulls and/or equivalents, and it's a huge turn-off. Girls know exactly why he made that choice, and it wasn't with defense in mind. If you have a buddy like that, slap him for me.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Pamiam wrote:
    BhmBill wrote:
    Pamiam wrote:

...and male - and I must say, not much of a target, either. 6'4 and 350 lbs isn't exactly the prime profile for the bad guys.

Women don't have that advantage, so we need a lot more options - particularly those of us in states w/o oc.

If you guys ever find yourself in need of a carry solution for a specific circumstance, consult an experienced woman. She won't let you down.

As a sidenote: I've seen some guys running around sporting 454 Casulls and/or equivalents, and it's a huge turn-off. Girls know exactly why he made that choice, and it wasn't with defense in mind. If you have a buddy like that, slap him for me.
    Are you knocking my SA .45 missy? I'll have you know that I always wear a cowboy hat dailey. You can't accuse me of not coordinating. :P

Post imported post

Pamiam wrote:
    BhmBill wrote:
    Pamiam wrote:

You never know when you're in public and a some guy whom is OTHER than sober will want to prove his manliness when i'm with my girlfriend and/or kids and try to fight me because of my size.

I'm pretty confident that my super schweet clothes collection looks fine on me, and only looks better with a black revolver in a black holster on the hip.

I never had the urge to carry anything over .44 mag size, but I was afraid I MAY have to take my CCW class and use my .500 mag BFR revolver to take it because that was the only gun I had available and didn't have the funds for anything practical. I'm glad I ended up with the S&W 581.

If I need help looking fabulous, i'll be sure to hit you up, Pamiam

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Depends on which week you ask the question.

But this week, I just landed a brand new S&W .45 model 4566 from the Kentucky State Police. It was suppose to be issued to badge #298 as evidenced by the special serial number, but it never made it into service. I am carrying it now, until I buy another new toy.

edited for TYPO
    That's a nice looking handgun. How does it carry/shoot?

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

Obviously, that is a staged event. In a real life event such as such, I would hope a person would know to turn to their right very quickly and deck the bad guy with his left fist. God help a stupid friend if he is dumb enough to attempt this stunt onme without my knowing, he will most likely end up with a black eye or broken nose at best.

IMHO, in such a life threatening experience, the quickest route for me would be; while grasping BGs wrist with the left hand, to turn right, and insert a sharp right elbow to the Vegas nerve in the neck, throat, temple, or the pressure point between the jawbone and ear.

20 points: Vegas nerve: heart enters arrhythmicstate, BG drops to the ground grasping his chest in fear of his life; freaks out....

15 points:
    Ear/Jaw: BG drops immediately and is out cold for several seconds.

10 points: Temple strike: BG's carotid artery ruptures immediately, passes out and expires.

5 points BG's throat gets hit, goes down gasping for air.

Post imported post

Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast