• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Gun Do You OC?

Colorado Luckydog

imported post

I've been doing my first few open carries this week. So far I've only been carrying a little snub nose 38 revolverin a small leather holster. I think I have been choosing the smaller gun hoping less people will notice. I'm thinking about doing an open carry tonight on my way home with my 9mm. I was really just wondering if most of you carried semis are revolvers and what calibers?

BhmBill

imported post

Daily carry right now is a S&W 581 (L frame) loaded with hot .357 JHP's, outfitted in some Pachmayr's and a Fobus roto paddle holster. I bobbed the hammer for easier drawing (plus, a DA gun with a spur didn't make a whole lot of sense).

Pamiam

imported post

That's pretty cute. On what occasions and with what kind of outfit?

I'd do big frames in blue jeans to events where I specifically wanted it to be noticed and/or was using it in competition.

Small frames in other realms.

Shiny in some, subdued in others.

Belt in some, shoulder in others - same for ankle, thigh, belly and back. Holsters are important accessories. They make the same gun more versatile. ;)

What rigs do y'all have for different occasions? Business casual events, formal events, kid events, gardening, etc?

Does anyone own only one rig and carry the same rig for every occasion? If so, how do you best work it out and are you considering other additions to the wardrobe?

BhmBill

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
That's pretty cute. On what occasions and with what kind of outfit?

I'd do big frames in blue jeans to events where I specifically wanted it to be noticed and/or was using it in competition.

Small frames in other realms.

Shiny in some, subdued in others.

Belt in some, shoulder in others - same for ankle, thigh, belly and back. Holsters are important accessories. They make the same gun more versatile. ;)

What rigs do y'all have for different occasions? Business casual events, formal events, kid events, gardening, etc?

Does anyone own only one rig and carry the same rig for every occasion? If so, how do you best work it out and are you considering other additions to the wardrobe?
Other than making sure the gun wasn't concealed when out and about, i haven't really thought about "looks" and "matching" when carrying. So far, the black gun and holster seems to go with everything I own.

99% of the time I wear dark to light blue jeans, black or white shirt with a dark or light colored unbuttoned over shirt and a pair of red/black DC's, sometimes a black beanie in the winter. Not alot of options when you're 6'4" 350lbs.

I currently only have one rig and carry piece, when I get my CCW, i'll probably get a shoulder rig and carry and wear it under a overshirt.

jwidman

imported post

XDM9232HCSP-2T.jpg

I've been oc'ing this in the holster it comes with. Need to get my camera working so I can show actual pic of it.

Sheriff

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
For all the people open carrying in a Fobus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

Obviously, that is a staged event. In a real life event such as such, I would hope a person would know to turn to their right very quickly and deck the bad guy with his left fist. God help a stupid friend if he is dumb enough to attempt this stunt onme without my knowing, he will most likely end up with a black eye or broken nose at best.