• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All Ammo to Have a Serial Number.... Is this true??

Glockguy

imported post

Sooo I'v heard that Obama has Submitted a bill to congress that Says All ammo must have a serial Number on it... and then Registered to the person buying it... Or Something along those lines..> This would mean that all the ammo would go up in price because the Manufactors have to purchas The stamping machines to do the serial numbers... Now is somone Just making stuff up? Or is this True?

FogRider

imported post

Glockguy wrote:
Sooo I'v heard that Obama has Submitted a bill to congress that Says All ammo must have a serial Number on it... and then Registered to the person buying it... Or Something along those lines..> This would mean that all the ammo would go up in price because the Manufactors have to purchas The stamping machines to do the serial numbers... Now is somone Just making stuff up? Or is this True?
It's another stupid idea that's gaining little to no ground, but being used as a scare tactic against teh ebil libruls. I've seen several of these bills (sometime purported to be started by Obama, sometimes by others), and the ones that weren't complete fabrications never made it past the "let's submit this bill to congress". It's not something worth worrying about at the moment.

Fred Kenpo

imported post

Glockguy wrote:

You've heard of the guy who compulsorily washes his hands? That's the government on gun control. They put "tags" in ammo in the '90's to track ammo. Didn't work. So California put instant registration (micro-stamping) on shell casings. Doesn't work. They are now thinking of putting tags in ammo....

It's like armor piercing bullets. Banned them in the '80's. Didn't work. Banned them in the 90's. Didn't work. Thinking of banning them again...

adamsesq

imported post

FogRider wrote:
It's not something worth worrying about at the moment.

I could not disagree more! They will keep pushing this kind of crap every chance they can. Again and again and again. The second we not worrying about it they will slip it through.

Not only do we have to worry about every piece of anti legislation, we should be taking the more stupid wacked out ideas and exposing them to the world exemplifying the lunacy of these people.

-adamsesq

Fred Kenpo

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
FogRider wrote: They will keep pushing this kind of crap every chance they can. Again and again and again. The second we not worrying about it they will slip it through.

Not only do we have to worry about every piece of anti legislation, we should be taking the more stupid wacked out ideas and exposing them to the world exemplifying the lunacy of these people.

-adamsesq
"The Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance." Boddhisatva said that too. 1990's was he best decade for gun rights. (Yes, it was. 14 million more gun owners, 4/5 of the states recognizing the right to carry; woman and guns.) Why? Because everytime the gun control freaks proposed something, we fought back, and hard.

FogRider

imported post

Perhaps I should clarify my position a little bit. I don't think it's something that needs to be completely ignored, and I don't think we can get away with not fighting it. All I'm really saying is it's not something worth getting our collective panties in a wad over.