• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Summer 2009 OC Events

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I thought I would create this thread to get us started on the summer events. We could use this first post as a main events calender. I am still working on a Tri-State OC event withfolks from Idaho and Oregon with a meeting spot near the Tri-Cities area. Ok, time for ideas....

May 2009:

June 2009:

July 2009:

Aug 2009:

j2l3

imported post

While I like the idea of setting a calendar for the summer, I think it's premature to plan a tri-state event.

I believe it would be better for each state to manage a statewide event first and get some semblance of organization ineach statefirst.

This would make it much easier to plan and advertise.

sempercarry

imported post

Well....there hasn't been an event in the pierce county area lately. I vote for may.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

j2l3 wrote:
While I like the idea of setting a calendar for the summer, I think it's premature to plan a tri-state event.
Last summer I took on the Tri-State event with three other members (1 from Oregon, 1 from Idaho and 1 local to the area where this is to be held). It will take months of planning to do a tri-state event as this will be held over several days with camp grounds/hotels needed. The idea was brought up in each state forum and the idea went over well. Before long October will be here and we will have wondered where the summer went....

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
Last summer I took on the Tri-State event with three other members (1 from Oregon, 1 from Idaho and 1 local to the area where this is to be held). It will take months of planning to do a tri-state event as this will be held over several days with camp grounds/hotels needed. The idea was brought up in each state forum and the idea went over well. Before long October will be here and we will have wondered where the summer went....
I still want to do the Tri-State meet in the Tri-Cities... specifically Kennewick.

Guns_N_Fire

imported post

New to the opencarry forum. Have read alot of the posts. Looking to get in contact with some people from the tri cities. Would be interested in attending a meeting sometime if there is any held local. thanks

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

how about a open carry statewide caravan. drive to all different parts of the states weekly or bi weekly and hand out pamphlets explaining open carry and how it affects teh communities and explain the gun rights of Americans