• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in WV State Parks with VA CHP

Chaingun81

imported post

I'm a VA resident and I have a VA CHP.I'll be visiting WV soon and I was going to visit several State Parks while I'm there. After checking out the WV State Parks web site, it seems that uncased firearms are prohibited and Concealed Carry Permit holders are NOT exempt (National Park style). I find it hard to believe that a pro-gun state like WV would restrict carry in their state parks, so I was wondering if someone could clear it out for me whether CC with a VA resident CHPis permitted or not. Thanks in advance!

Note to moderators: I posted the same in WV forum to get more feedback - please don't delete.