• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN CONTROL without GUN LAWS

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's a dumb idea to start with. And I can't see liberals attempting it because it would be an admittance that "consumers" can force change in a free market economy, something that they have adimently denied for years.

KBCraig

imported post

Spitzer is from a whole other planet.

BTW, Slate's forum software sucks even worse than mywowbb. At least here, you can see more than one comment at a time.

buzzsaw

imported post

Apparently Spitzer needs to get out of public policy (something he obviously isnt good at) and back into hookers (-----) nuff said.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
Apparently Spitzer needs to get out of public policy (something he obviously isnt good at) and back into hookers (-----) nuff said.
Spitzer does have good taste in hookers, not much else though.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
Hey It's the XGov. Eliot Spitzer Scandal grabbing the guns .

In for more pictures of the hooker. For once you post a worthwhile accompanying picture.

Cann't blame the X Gov. for wanting to feed his family but stop with the aggressive progressive liberal agenda and leave my RKBA out of it please .

wrightme

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
:X:X:XWhat can we do if Obama does this ?
By then it's too late. Instead of waiting, we should be mobilizing now to "encourage" manufacturers, distributors & dealersto end sales of firearms to law enforcement if they are firearms prohibited to citizens.
A good reason to buy a Barrett. Do they sell to CA Police departments yet?

buzzsaw

imported post

They did until Barrett heard the Chief or Sherriff don't remember which speak at a hearing in San Fran. (I think) speak against private citizens being allowed to keep firearms. Turns out the dept. had one of his rifles in for service work. All the dept. has seen from Barrett since is a letter lammenting the back up in service work and an appology for the extended time necessary to get to their weapon. He did assure the Chief that they would get back to him attheir earliest opportunity. Still waiting.

Decoligny

imported post

"This prompts a simple question: Why do we buy guns from companies that permit their products to be sold to bad guys? "

What a stupid question!

"This prompts a simple question: Why do we buy cars from companies that permit their products to be sold to drunk drivers? "

wrightme

imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
They did until Barrett heard the Chief or Sherriff don't remember which speak at a hearing in San Fran. (I think) speak against private citizens being allowed to keep firearms. Turns out the dept. had one of his rifles in for service work. All the dept. has seen from Barrett since is a letter lammenting the back up in service work and an appology for the extended time necessary to get to their weapon. He did assure the Chief that they would get back to him attheir earliest opportunity. Still waiting.

Here is a letter that the owner of Barrett Rifles sent to Hawaii, when they contemplated a ban on .50 for citizens similar to CA.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/news_articles.aspx?id=50

From what I remember, Barrett Rifles does not sell rifles to LE that are not allowed to be sold to citizens.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here is a letter that the owner of Barrett Rifles sent to Hawaii, when they contemplated a ban on .50 for citizens similar to CA.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/news_articles.aspx?id=50

From what I remember, Barrett Rifles does not sell rifles to LE that are not allowed to be sold to citizens.

It is our gold , our country , and our constitution when we are UNITED .