• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I allowed to customize my firearm in NY?

dynastyofnext

imported post

I am applying for my pistol permit in Westchester NY and also picked up some paperwork on gun smithing license. As I was writing my short essay on whyI should be restricted to target shooting[suB]sarcasm[/suB]and not have full carry on rights in this great banana of a city, I came across a thought. Is it legal to customize your guns in NY? (Triggers, barrel, compensators...etc.) I ask because I'm writing that down as one of my interest in target shooting......stopping the war on paper cuts....

grumpycoconut

imported post

NYC authorized customization:

step #1 Fill barrel and action with JB weld or other good epoxy.

Step #2 Paint pistol in NY authorized safety yellow or orange (sorry, no Duracoat for you)

All other customization will result in an immediate public flogging and the stripping of all of your other civil rights.

dynastyofnext

imported post

lol wow ny really has a bad gun rep, i blame the drug dealers, thegang members, the crazy husband, thepsychotic wife, the stalker ex boyfriend, the kid that was pushedtoo far,p.diddy for the club shootout; if it wasnt for them maybe NY would have looser gun laws but noooooothe crazies can still get guns but the sane arent allowed to protect themselves from the crazies. Whats going to happen is one day someone important will be shot and theres gonna be a big case about it and NY will say "ok maybe you were right you can carry concealed........sorry bout u being dead and all." Im moving toAlaska where i can carry openly start a whole gun movement toAlaska