• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westwood Mall Jackson

ghostrider

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
T Vance wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
If Kimberguy succumbs to the pressure, what hope is there for the rest of us!!!???

Seriously though, getting ready to start a new thread on digital audio recorders. I've been looking for one myself and trying to find one that will suit my(our) needs that is relatively affordable.

Here you go.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=digital+voice+recorder&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=digital+recorder&_osacat=0

Thanks Vance, been there done that. I've just ready far too many reviews, via Amazon and Cnet, on most of these. The biggest issue seems to be price/pc compatibility. I found a decent looking RCA unit, but apparently it saves audio files in a .voc format and almost nobody has been able to change them to mp3 or .wav. I am no tekkie so I'm looking for something simple. Another olympus unit I read up on would corrupt every file that was over an hour long, so that it could not be transferred, and was essentially lost :( These problems seem to go away once you look as spending some serious money, which I'm not quite sure I'm ready to do yet. Mini tapes may be the way for me :p
Start a new thread for this.

I'm interested in hearing about the corrupted files, and where you got that info. I have an Olympus I got at Sam's Club, and would like to know more, but this is the wrong thread for it.

LaVere

imported post

Recording options. I have an older Motorola cell phone. I no longer use it but it does have voice record on it. Look for one of these Razar 3 ( I think or newer) Other phone may also have audio recording. My upgrade has audio and video recording.

The Razar 3 records even it you don't have cell services on it also you can still call 911 free with no cell service. Look around you may find one free. Look at you current phone it may already have audio record.

Second Idea is a small digital cameras. I have Sony Cyber-shot It have video with audio and does a very nice job.

Third my Sony digital voice recorder converts it's files to mp-3 upon saving to the Computer.

FatboyCykes

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
T Vance wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:
If Kimberguy succumbs to the pressure, what hope is there for the rest of us!!!???

Seriously though, getting ready to start a new thread on digital audio recorders. I've been looking for one myself and trying to find one that will suit my(our) needs that is relatively affordable.

Here you go.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=digital+voice+recorder&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=digital+recorder&_osacat=0

Thanks Vance, been there done that. I've just ready far too many reviews, via Amazon and Cnet, on most of these. The biggest issue seems to be price/pc compatibility. I found a decent looking RCA unit, but apparently it saves audio files in a .voc format and almost nobody has been able to change them to mp3 or .wav. I am no tekkie so I'm looking for something simple. Another olympus unit I read up on would corrupt every file that was over an hour long, so that it could not be transferred, and was essentially lost :( These problems seem to go away once you look as spending some serious money, which I'm not quite sure I'm ready to do yet. Mini tapes may be the way for me :p
Start a new thread for this.

I'm interested in hearing about the corrupted files, and where you got that info. I have an Olympus I got at Sam's Club, and would like to know more, but this is the wrong thread for it.
Blargh!

Kimberguy

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I would highly suggest you watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

very closely. In your encounter with the police you gave up many rights that you have. The biggest right you gave up was stating what you thought you were guilty of. GREAT BIG NO NO. Never speculate what you are guilty of.
that was long, but extremely full of good information.