• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater MAY Open Carry Dinner

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I'd like y'all to come celebrate Bridget's 18th Birthday. How does Cinco de Mayo sound to everyone? Its right behind the Hardees in Grafton on Rt 17.

Same Bat Time? 1830 meet-up?

Mike

nova

imported post

Hmmm....an open carry dinner to celebrate an 18th birthday (legal age to OC!). :celebrate

MSC 45ACP

imported post

That's the plan! She has school the next day, so we need to keep it close to home. We can travel to the southside for the next one, though. I know they have some great resteraunts down there!:D

nova

imported post

I'm 2.75 hours to the north of you. I wish I could meet some of the Tidewater members eventually. Maybe after I finish school. :)

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
I'm 2.75 hours to the north of you. I wish I could meet some of the Tidewater members eventually. Maybe after I finish school. :)
Yea man let me know. We will take lots of guns and go to Lafayette. (I have my membership so the range is free for us)
Cool! After I finish up this semester I'm taking two courses at GMU over the first 1/3 of the summer, one is MWF the other is online.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
Yea man let me know. We will take lots of guns and go to Lafayette. (I have my membership so the range is free for us)
Cool! After I finish up this semester I'm taking two courses at GMU over the first 1/3 of the summer, one is MWF the other is online.
We'll work something out. I'm sure I'll be down here a lot bringing people to the beach and what not.;)

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
We'll work something out. I'm sure I'll be down here a lot bringing people to the beach and what not.;)
hehe:cool:

Bubba Ron

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I'd like y'all to come celebrate Bridget's 18th Birthday. How does Cinco de Mayo sound to everyone? Its right behind the Hardees in Grafton on Rt 17.

Same Bat Time? 1830 meet-up?

Mike
Mike, an 1830 meetup makes it more difficult for us on the Southside to get there in time, and any new folks don't know what the "Same Bat Time" is - that's why we traditionally post the dining outs for 1900 (7:00PM) - the extra half hour gives the tunnels a chance to clear out. Plus a date and address (for us directionally challenged folks - GPS is our friend) ;) would also help....Thanks.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

The SOUTHSIDE Crew has spoken. I used to live in Norfolk, and I feel your pain in going through the tube. Let's make it 1900 (7pm for those normal folks) for the get-together. When we get closer to the date, I'll call and ask for the back room and tables for the group.

"CINCO De Mayo" lat=37.159399458, lon=-76.4621427707

I tried to copy & paste the Google Earth image here, but the forum proggie won't allow that... I'll make a regular link for a Mapquest and include the address for everyone. I am a Google Earth ADDICT!

121 Grafton Station Ln
Yorktown, VA 23692 757-872-0061

Here's a link to the Mapquest page I used...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Cinco+De+Mayo+Restaurant&city=Yorktown&state=VA&address=121+Grafton+Station+Ln&zipcode=23692&country=US&latitude=37.158948&longitude=-76.462439&geocode=ADDRESS&id=2931612

Visually, it is right behind the HARDEES on Rt 17. it is the first storefront in a small stripmall. If you're coming from theSOUTH on Rt 17, take your next right turn after you see TACO BELL. There is aBANK on one corner and the above mentioned HARDEES on the other corner.

Coming from the NORTH,When you passRITE AIDon the left side, be in theLEFT lane. You will take the first left after the signal at DARE ROAD. Of course you will see HARDEES first. There is not a light controlling the turn into Grafton Station.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Cinco+De+Mayo+Restaurant&city=Yorktown&state=VA&address=121+Grafton+Station+Ln&zipcode=23692&country=US&latitude=37.158948&longitude=-76.462439&geocode=ADDRESS&id=2931612

if you're ever in the area at lunchtime, they have a GREAT lunch buffet that is cheaper (and much better) than eating at Taco Bell (which is 200 yards away) on Rt 17.

Bubba Ron

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
OOPS... I seem to have made quite a mess of that post. I thought I had already put the date up there in the INFO Box:

14 MAY
The problem with the info box is that it does not show here in the topics, and this topic will be used all month for all of the May dining outs (that's why we usually leave the info boxblank) BUT at least you posted and now we have another dining out scheduled!!! Thanks :D

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will try to make this. Cinco is about 1.5 miles from my house, so it will be very convenient for me (and my wife/driver). Heck, I could probably scoot my wheelchair to the joint. Seriously, I have OC'd there a few times and have never had any problems, and the food is pretty good. I remember the back room, though I don't recall how big the table is.