• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racine News: Opencarry.org: Open Carry Law Meets Open Records Law

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

This is brilliant. After we get rock solid acceptance of open carry in Wisconsin (we are very close), we need to challange the requirement to render you firearm ineffective in a car by unloading it, a balatant infringement of constitutional rights, as well as decreasing safety by mandating multiple loading and unloading in public settings.

After all, it is only a maximum of a $100 fine for this offense, so we should be able to set up a test case with minimal risk.

The step after that should be the 1000 ft from a school nonsense. What other constitutional right can be abrogated by an unmarked, arbitrary distance from a poorly defined building/area/activity whose enforcement has no reasonable positive effect.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
This is brilliant. After we get rock solid acceptance of open carry in Wisconsin (we are very close), we need to challange the requirement to render you firearm ineffective in a car by unloading it, a balatant infringement of constitutional rights, as well as decreasing safety by mandating multiple loading and unloading in public settings.

After all, it is only a maximum of a $100 fine for this offense, so we should be able to set up a test case with minimal risk.

The step after that should be the 1000 ft from a school nonsense. What other constitutional right can be abrogated by an unmarked, arbitrary distance from a poorly defined building/area/activity whose enforcement has no reasonable positive effect.

Agreed - did you sign the petition? http://www.petitiononline.com/wi1848oc/petition.html

Did you friends sign the petition? This petition ought to be red hot right now.

But note the petition only refers to school zones not the ban at tehy school - those bans at teh school are a much tougher nut to crack constitutionally and the goal now is to remove the most outrageous restrictions.

Swampbeast

imported post

I great to see the open records law being used to help us!

The video from the local news station about open carry when you scroll down seemed pretty good too and showed us in a good light.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That jimbo person in the comments seems to be a dim bulb. I think he's jealous cuz the country folks won't let the gang bangers leave the city and torment the countryside.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
That jimbo person in the comments seems to be a dim bulb. I think he's jealous cuz the country folks won't let the gang bangers leave the city and torment the countryside.

:banghead: Aww, man...and ta think, I just set out some Kool-Aid & cheese curds!!!

Hello the camp; Lurch is the name, clobbering Jotunn is the game.

I believe in open carry as a right, and concealed carry as an option. An avid hunter & fisherman; I carry while in the Nat'l Forest.(no problems to date)

Living in a county W.N.W. of G.B. where the unofficial motto is "Welcome to blah blah county; come on vacation, leave on probation" one has to be very interested in the outcome of the pending lawsuits. With Our victories to date, it is nice to be associated with the caliber of people that I've seen while gettingthe feel of its different factions(?).

And with that intro, till next time; we return you to your regular programming<G>

Lurch out.

Jotunn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6tunn
well....maybe I worded my post wrong. It's not that we "don't let" the gang bangers leave the city, it's that they're too scared of us gun totin' country folks to venture out of the city. And we shoot straighter than they do.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Very typical respons from "Jimbo". Using hysterics to try to prove his point. If you carry a gun the earth will open up and you will be swolloed by the very core of evil.

I live in milwaukee, and I can pretty much guarantee if a thug see's a gun strapped to your side he/she aint about to mess with you.