• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Couple of OC Questions...

Gunny5821

imported post

Hello One & All,

Some quick OC questions:

1a. Is it legal to OC with a Shoulder Rig?
1b. How many actually OC in that manner on a regular basis?

2. Background - My weapon of choice for OC & CC, is a Taurus PT145 Pro. I am currently using an Uncle Mikes #16. It's the one which clips over your belt our, as I use it, slide the clip over the belt and waist band. It also has an extra mag built into the front of the rig, that option prompted my purchase. No need for mag pouch.

Question - what high retention (Serpas (?) come to mind) rigs are availae for my weapon of choice? Any testimonials are welcome as well!

Thanks for the assist ~~~ Gunny

TexasNative

imported post

I've never given it much thought before, but I have to wonder if a shoulder rig might cause you to accidentally conceal on occasion. I don't really know, never having worn one, OC or CC.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
I've never given it much thought before, but I have to wonder if a shoulder rig might cause you to accidentally conceal on occasion. I don't really know, never having worn one, OC or CC.
I agree although I do OC a shoulder rig sometimes while in the woods. A shoulder rig ot chest strap is the only way to carry large guns ( I carry the BFR using a chest strap) or when you aren't wearing a belt.

I can't think of a reason why you can't OC with a shoulder holster other than it would look funny...but then again, I see people wearing leg holsters (even though it looks silly):what:

zoom6zoom

imported post

How many actually OC in that manner on a regular basis?
Board member Unrequited always OC'd with a shoulder holster but I haven't seen him post for a while... last I knew he was headed out to Arizona for a temporary assignment.