• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Operation CarryLand fundrasing under way - GIVE NOW - ON TO Madison!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just made my $25 donation to the arsenal.

Go for the throat, boys! Give no quarter, take no prisoners. Let em know that opprsession of Constitutional rights will not be tolerated.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK, total still rising, now:

Current Balance
$1,300

[align=left]--[/align]
[align=left]But we still have $190 left in unused matching funds! Please donate today - as soon as we have used up the rest of these matching funds, we will sign a radio contract for for the greater Milwaukee County Metro market - time is of the essence![/align]
[align=left]If you have even just $10 or $25, now would be the time. Give now in a few seconds athttp://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html[/align]

Chewy

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok, just made a $200 donation.

Can you post the radio stations the ads will appear on, or maybe post a link to a digital download site where we could hear the ads?

Thanks

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Chewy wrote:
Ok, just made a $200 donation.

Can you post the radio stations the ads will appear on, or maybe post a link to a digital download site where we could hear the ads?

Thanks
Great! We will definitely post the audio ad files and note the station(s) and time before they run. That way you can send to your friends and post to blogs.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Come on folks, pony up. Just because you don't live in Wi or Milwaukee, doesn't mean this malignant cancer can't spread to you neck of the woods if left un-treated. Concider this training for when we have to take on the federales.

Argus Eyed

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 is right. We all need to step up to the plate and help others. We need to fight for our rights, even if it's not in our own backyards!

Give whatever you can, even if it's only $5 or $10 dollars, because ever dollar will help. If everyone who has viewed this thread (696 at the time of my post) had given just$5 dollars we would be will over $3000 dollars by now.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As A Wisconsin member I want to thank all you other state members that have contributed to the cause. To those that have not yet contributed let me remind you that any open carry victory in Wisconsin will help the open carry cause everywhere. I know times are tough but this may be the last chance we will have for a long time to put pressure on lawmakers to "get it right".Every dollar counts. Forgive me if I sound like the NRA. Lammie

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Thanks folks, cause of you we should be running radio ads in the MIlwaukee Metro area by next week, then . . .ON TO MADISON!

Keep the money flowing!

jvd5695

imported post

Hi guys. I've been registered here for a little while and lurk but haven't posted until now.

I have the radio on at work and I heard the ads a few times on 102.9 WHQG last week. Keep it up! Its nice to know that there are people out there that care about being able to carry in this state!

Clyde

imported post

Looks like there hasn't been much movement on this lately. I'm interested in donating to this cause, possibly on a matching basis, but would like to know more about it. Could some one please elaborate on what exactly this money is going towards;I read "radio ads", but wat are they advertising. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Clyde wrote:
Looks like there hasn't been much movement on this lately. I'm interested in donating to this cause, possibly on a matching basis, but would like to know more about it. Could some one please elaborate on what exactly this money is going towards;I read "radio ads", but wat are they advertising. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look at the top of the thread - the audio file is posted - we run radio ad campaigns for a week in metro areas informing people of open cary rights and driving them to the web site's main page where they can take action

next target is Madison!

Clyde

imported post

Ok, Mike thanks for posting the reply. I have to admitI did not see the link to an audio file, only a link to donate...I must be blind or something worse.No big deal, though, I think I get the idea.

I'm obviously new to this forum,I just signed up yesterday after a link from another story took me to the OC forum. I've been carrying open for several years in WI without incident and look forward to fewer and fewer strange looks from people, it sounds like you guys are putting a ton of effort into this cause, it is greatly appreciated. It's great to see so many other people with similar passion for the cause.

Anyway,I was wondering if this organization has ever explored the idea of billboards, especially in Milwaukee and Madison. I have no idea what these cost but history has shown they can have quite an impact, especially one for gun rights, I'm sure there would be news coverage of the sign. I stated in my last post,I would like to donate. If there are multiple fundraisers going on for different avenuesof raising awareness I would just like to know soI can place $ appropriately. I like the "fund matching" process mentioned earlier in this thread, this is something I'd like to do for a billboard if that is in process or if it has been tabled for discussion.

Clyde

imported post

Sounds great! Very direct and to the point. Thank you for posting it.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks, Madison is the next target - am looking at Z 104 and Q 106 as the two stop stations that might get us coverage of most demographics- any thoughts?

We need to raise about another thousand or so dollars, then we can launch!

Give today by credit card on our updated contribution tracking system at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html.