• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Land steward : WEED OUT

Spongebob

imported post

Would anyone be interested in pulling out the invasive species alliaria petiolata? (garlic mustard)

They have many different dates and locations. I have done this in years past and had a great time. I have not carried on these picks before, but it would be a very acceptable setting to wear your gun. This is a great cause, lots of fun, and a good way to meet people.

http://volunteer.united-e-way.org/vcgw/org/opp/10318784195.html
Anyone interested? Which dates and locations work best for you?

I am going to contact the organizers today.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It takes place in the Milwaukee county parks which would be a violation of ordinance 47.05 I believe which regards firearms and fireworks in milwaukee county parks.

However, this law should be nullified due to the state pre-emption lawe in regards to localities (county, city village) state statiute 69.*** whatever it is. If you want to carry and do it good for you! But watch out you may be ticketed or something. But if it does go to the courts it shouldn't be prosecutable, then again I'm not a lawyer.

If that stupid ordinance wasn't still some how in effect I would gladly join you! Sadly the lazy assesin the countyeither didn't have enough common sense to make MCTY ordinance 47.05 in compliance with state law, or they just don't care about our rights.....

My question is what is what is county executive Scott walker doing about this??

Answer: nothing I even called him, now they wont talk to me at all once I alerted them about this......

Wish I could join ya!

Ben

Spongebob

imported post

Right Ben, the law is null. But as you obviously know, the police don't know or follow the law because they don't need to know or follow the law. I was thinking that if this post garners enough interest, I would try to organize a tear-out for just us.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

That Invasive-Species makes for a great fresh salsa ingredient when used in moderation.

I would be interested in doing a morel mushroom hunt while O-C'ing, and maybe some Wild onion (ramps or leeks)collecting too and have a fiddle-head fern and asparaguscollecting finished with a wild-foods dinner. Later in the year we could get some berries too.

I'm not trying being a smart-ass, I am just pointing out that the GF and I are always carrying when we are collecting wild foods along roadsides and in the woods. Blueberries are ready in July,

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybenews media will ask him about this. I would think in his run for governor he will have to voicehis unconditionalsupport of constitutional rights.