• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC PROJECTOR Fund-raiser

autosurgeon

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
Projector has been bought on 5-14-2010 thanks to all that made it possible more information to come!!!

here is the one we bought
http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus-LP650.htm

The MSRP on that projector is $3200.... what did you guys spend? :shock:
heheh way way less than that :celebrate

Gordon has a nose for the deals that is for sure!

cabman1

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
Projector has been bought on 5-14-2010 thanks to all that made it possible more information to come!!!

trough some fine dealing and some support.We were able to secure it for 350.00 I believe it is money well spent.What does everyone else think?

autosurgeon

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
cabman1 wrote:

trough some fine dealing and some support.We were able to secure it for 350.00 I believe it is money well spent.What does everyone else think?
I say good job and give you a dancing monkey :monkey

craigm

imported post

If you need a projector for tomorrow, you could use mine. Supply your own video cable. If interested, send me a PM and someone in the Jackson area could meet up with me in the morning. I will be wanting it back, though--I enjoy my home theater.

Ok, midnight now. Have a good time tomorrow guys and gals.

viperar15

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

you got it wrong... MSRP = $3299 :p lol ;-)

yes... cab seems to be great at finding some really good deals. :) :-D

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

malignity

imported post

My dad does ebay stuff, and gets these things CONSTANTLY from college campuses and sells them for ten times the amount online. I run across them all the time. I use them for movies, and help him sell them occasionally. Instead of wasting $500, I'll get a hold of a good quality working one, and trade it for a MOC membership. Fair enough? Save your funds for something else.

Yes, I'm serious too.

autosurgeon

imported post

malignity wrote:
Guys, I have tons of these things. I'll trade you a good working one for a membership to MOC. Fair enough?

Yes, I'm serious too.
We might be interested in this. Make up a proposal listing what have with pictures and so forth and I will present it to the board. We can always use another projector.

malignity

imported post

har har, i edited my post.

Let me call him this weekend and see what he's got. If you're at the Warren picnic today, I'll talk to you more about it.

Seriously though, these are good projectors, I've watched movies on them, played video games on them, etc. I don't have one in my possession right now (sold it for gun money LOL) but I know he just got a TON of them.

autosurgeon

imported post

malignity wrote:
har har, i edited my post.

Let me call him this weekend and see what he's got. If you're at the Warren picnic today, I'll talk to you more about it.

Seriously though, these are good projectors, I've watched movies on them, played video games on them, etc. I don't have one in my possession right now (sold it for gun money LOL) but I know he just got a TON of them.
Well I won't be there ...teaching the seminar in Grand Rapids today.. but I think Jeff Sayers will so you can talk to him about it!

malignity

imported post

Sounds good. I've been wanting to get a membership, but don't have any extra money since I'm getting married in 23 days, and am supposed to close on my first house in about 10. A projector is something I could definitely get my hands on though. I'll have an answer for you guys by the end of the weekend to whether or not I can get my hands on one.

David in MI

imported post

I have a portable screen that is self-contained in an aluminum case that I can sell if you guys still need one. It looks exactly like the one pictured in this ebay auction. One thing to note is that it is a full-screen rather than a widescreen. Mine is in exceptional shape, nothing wrong with the screen whatsoever. If you're interested just let me know and we can figure out a price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DA-LITE-80-DELUXE-INSTA-THEATER-PORTABLE-SCREEN-48X64-/160409700739?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255929c983

Link to the exact screen (mine is the 80" version): http://www.da-lite.com/products/product.php?cID=19&pID=92