• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Forum : Location - Mission Viejo

veprk130

imported post

Hello Everyone,

I am new to California for about a year now. I moved in from Scottsdale, AZ for a better job. Wow have my eyes been opened with the current guns laws. Still trying to grasp the idea of Open Unloaded Carry. Definitely not what I used to. Are there any carry events scheduled close to my location and/or groups to chat with?

Regards,
Ruben

demnogis

imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Always good to have a new OCer. Have you taken a few minutes to read the information on californiaopencarry.org?

I'm not sure if there are any meet-and-greet events going on in Orange County at the moment. We just recently attempted one, definitely going to try to organize another one in May.

I take it the difference in laws from AZ made you want to :banghead: for a little while?

veprk130

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Welcome to OCDO! Always good to have a new OCer. Have you taken a few minutes to read the information on californiaopencarry.org?

I'm not sure if there are any meet-and-greet events going on in Orange County at the moment. We just recently attempted one, definitely going to try to organize another one in May.

I take it the difference in laws from AZ made you want to :banghead: for a little while?
Yes I still am. :cuss:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Ruben,

Welcome to OCDO. You should follow demnogis' suggestion and read through the aforementioned website. Meets are just now becoming a regular occurance and are a great way to break into the practice.I'd also suggest reading through the police encounters and the Noobie thread for somepraticalinformation.

Dont hesitate to ask questions-you will find the forum an excellent resource.

SmokeaCigShootaSig

imported post

Hey pullnshoot25 & KylaGWolf,

Sorry- Im getting used to this site and the Billions of posts… trying to study up and get acclimated. For Sure, when time allows maybe we could join up (and meet halfway) for a shooting day.

With the damn ammo shortage the way it is maybe skeet shooting would be a more cost effective day-o’FUN! I read your posts, Hilarious! I wont mention the actual username, but you know the one Im talking about “cop” OH man!.!… that one had a single tear stream down my face. =) Props.

I usually browse the forum while at work so please excuse any delay in a reply. Its nice to see an internet community who feels as passionate as I do about machined steel and my constitutional rights…!

Good to be introduced