• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handloading .357/.38sp with a Lee Loader

mahkagari

imported post

Let me know if this is OT.

Does anyone have experience with reloading .38sp in a .357 Lee Loader? The small kits, not the full size press and dies. I can't imagine there'd be a problem so long as the right load was used and the Loader will seat the bullet to the correct depth. I know Lee makes a .38/.357 combo, but I haven't been able to find one.

Not that I can find primers or bullets these days either!

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't, but I just checked Lee's website and it looks like the only difference between the 2 loaders are the powder tables and the powder measures. The bodies are the parts are exactly the same. Just don't use the entire .7 .357 Mag charge in your .38s. Good luck!

mahkagari

imported post

Cool, thanks. I was going to pick up another ref and measurers anyhow. :)