• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry editorial, Racine Journal Times

patriotguy

imported post

Wonder how much that editorial writer gets paid to say absolutely nothing. Over ten days after the AG memo, and this Racine paper comes out with mundane rehashed whining drivel.

There's a difference between farm country and a populated urban setting? Wow, what cutting edge reporting!

"Odds are that people are not going to change their habits of firearms use just because the attorney general says so. Odds are that most guns will remain in homes or businesses, safely locked up and stored separately from ammunition as they should be. "

Again, this is real Pulitzer prize stuff! Did this editorial get misplaced early last week and posted because they found it on someone's desk, or is the Journal Times of Racine a bi-weekly publication? Odds are!

Here's a good one: "It should be up to the person carrying the gun to ask and obtain permission to bring it onto someone else’s property. If that’s impractical then the solution is to leave the gun outside."

I'm sure that is exactly what all criminals do in Racine, Kenosha, and Milwaukee.

The only snippet I agree with is that "Rights are not absolute".
Correct. With rights come responsibilities. Nobody has "absolute" freedom of speech - i.e. yelling movie in a crowded firehouse (apologies to Steve Martin).
However, if I am exercising my rights in compliance with the related laws, i.e. no OC in bars, school zones, etc., then go away and let me be.

As long as the media perpetuates this stereotype of OC being evil, and fails to notice that since the AG memo, nothing detrimental has happened, the public will continue to be misled by an anti-gun agenda.

MOLON LABE!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

What a piece of crap article! Did anyone else catch he editing on Flynn's quote, She completely left out the part where law abiding citizens would be taken to the ground while they are checked to see if they are legal to carry or not.

And then commenter #2, I cannot even think straight right now I am so blown away by peoples ignorance to the laws! Where and why are people getting this idea that Open-Carry is a new law? WTF?