• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(AP) Va. Democratic candidates target gun control

jm04

imported post

Nothing unexpected, but thought it worth sharing:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=600&sid=1659117

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - Gun control shot to the forefront of the fourth Democratic gubernatorial debate Thursday less than a mile from the deadliest campus shooting in American history.

State Sen. R Creigh Deeds, former Democratic national chairman Terry McAuliffe and former House of Delegates Democratic Caucus leader Brian Moran all agreed on closing the loophole in state law that exempts gun shows from background checks on firearms buyers.

In Blacksburg, home of Virginia Tech, Moran said every gun buyer should have to face the same vetting that federally licensed gun dealers must perform regardless of venue. McAuliffe agreed.

Then, he noted that Deeds had voted to override Democratic Governor Tim Kaine's veto of a bill that would have allowed people to carry concealed guns in bars.

crazydude6030

imported post

And who can blame them? This past month it seems like every 3 days some wack job was grabbing a gun and shooting up places. Of course the solution is to disarm everyone to make things more fair for the next wack job. :banghead:

just like normal they are playing emotions and feelings to rally the troops.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Fine. let them "rally the troops" with gun control proposals. I could be wrong, but I suspect come election time, the gun controllers will see some backlash in this state.

crazydude6030

imported post

I hope your right. IF these e-mails i get every week about H.R 45 are any indication the people have had enough of our rights being taken away by politicians. That should mean good things for gun owners.