• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sandford Get Together

SQLtables

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SQLtables wrote:
At the Midland gun show, I had a suggestion for a restaurant in Sanford. I believe the place was Alex's Railside Restaurant.

Is anybody interested in meeting for lunch or dinner next weekend, May 9th or 10th?

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&q=restaurants+sanford+mi&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=7579804366893607908&li=lmd&ll=43.68097,-84.371481&spn=0.018498,0.035706&z=14&iwloc=A
may 9 might be good, but may 10 is mother's day and might be an issue for some prospective attendees and also restaurant's are usually busier too

viperar15

imported post

for as many times as i have been there... i cant remember!

i have carried there though (with cpl). i also may or may not be in town that weekend due to work. though i better be since its mothers day weekend.

Michigander

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Great. Thanks!

Since smellslikemichigan made a great point about Sunday being Mother's Day, Does Saturday, May 9th sound good? Maybe for a lunch around noon hour?
I've got the Woodward litter clean up planned that day. So it sounds great to me! :D

I positively love it when we pull off multiple events on a single day.

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Great. Thanks!

Since smellslikemichigan made a great point about Sunday being Mother's Day, Does Saturday, May 9th sound good? Maybe for a lunch around noon hour?
I've got the Woodward litter clean up planned that day. So it sounds great to me! :D

I positively love it when we pull off multiple events on a single day.

I didn't see the clean-up in the events thread. Unless it will make people choose one event over the other, I think it's great to have multiple events. I don't want anybody around this area to just go to this lunch instead of the clean up though, I think your event is definitely more productive and will probably get more attention.

Michigander

imported post

I think that MOC, as a whole, needs to habitually try to branch off more. The more local things we do, the more attention we will get. It is of course fantastic fun to have big meetings like I hope Jerry's picnic at the Lake will be, but we should try for lots of smaller local meetings too.

About litter clean ups, I know we haven't done any in Michigan yet, but I think it's obvious, as well as proven in other states, that they can be spectacular at getting positive attention. I encourage everyone here to organize local litter clean ups on busy and littered streets.

ajelias

imported post

Just went there tonight Family and friends from church meet at 6 every Fri I,m the only oc'er though Bob the owner is on the board of the Midland sportsman club and catered the gun show Sat sounds great!! By the way good job at the gun show

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SNIP
I didn't see the clean-up in the events thread. Unless it will make people choose one event over the other, I think it's great to have multiple events. I don't want anybody around this area to just go to this lunch instead of the clean up though, I think your event is definitely more productive and will probably get more attention.
My fault. I had the event in there but while moving events around I inadvertently cutthe eventto clipboardand before I pasted it, I copied other info to clipboard therefore loosing the event. I'll post it again.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
At the Midland gun show, I had a suggestion for a restaurant in Sanford. I believe the place was Alex's Railside Restaurant.

Is anybody interested in meeting for lunch or dinner next weekend, May 9th or 10th?

SNIP

It's in the Events Thread. Just need confirmation on the time and lunch/dinner.

viperar15

imported post

i cant. i'll be drunk sat. may 9th is our pig roast at out buddy's place in sanford that day. and i think about 50 other people in sanford that day will be drunk too... lol. basically, all the people from sanford that i would bring to learn about it would be drunk.

SQLtables

imported post

Well, unfortunately I just found out that I have to take the girl for soccer pictures on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. If some of you want to meet up that'd be great, but otherwise we can reschedule.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Members, do you want to put this off until next weekend or re-schedule for another time? Let me know so I can update the Events Thread.