Thread: Obama gets to replace retiring Justice Souter - BOHICA

Post imported post

Seattle Gun Rights Examiner looks at retirement, replacement of David Souter at Supreme Court

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m5d1-Watch-closely-who-Obama-picks-for-the-Supreme-Court

If that doesn't work:

http://tinyurl.com/d84d6r

Post imported post

one list i saw included Chris Gregiore. [Henry Youngman]Take my governor! Please![/Henry Youngman]

Bobby

Post imported post

Bobby, you're telling your young age.... it's Henny, not Henry....

However, your sentiment is dead on, she is feigning humility and saying she wouldn;t take it.... we'll see.

CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Well let's thank our lucky stars that Arlen Specter switched sides... because there's at least a chance that Lindsey Graham would hold to a filibuster in the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Just heard a rumor on KONG-TV this AM that our illustrious guvna may be in the running. I don't know which is worse, Gregoire as guvna or Gregoire as Supreme Court Justice. This could be a case of frying pan to the fire.

Post imported post

oops. well, you get the idea if Chrissy gets picked, i do believe we would get Lieutenant Governor Brad Owen. guess i'll need to read up on him. don't know much about him but he simply cannot be worse that Gregiore.

Bobby

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    Just heard a rumor on KONG-TV this AM that our illustrious guvna may be in the running. I don't know which is worse, Gregoire as guvna or Gregoire as Supreme Court Justice. This could be a case of frying pan to the fire.
    Just remember that a person can be voted out of the office of Gov. but justices are for life. It is also on a noational level with much more power than as Gov.

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    "Queen Christine" may be mentioned but I'll wager that the real contenders are on the rolls of Federal Court Judges. Also, if you look at Gregoire's legal scorecard, it isn't all that great. As an AG she ran a pretty sloppy ship.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Souter voted against Heller. Worst case: we lose an anti and gain an anti. I don't see a reason to panic. Besides, Obama may screw up and accidentally nominate someone who isn't as leftist as he's like (this was the mistake made when Souter was nominated by Bush, wasn't it?).

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Souter voted against Heller. Worst case: we lose an anti and gain an anti. I don't see a reason to panic. Besides, Obama may screw up and accidentally nominate someone who isn't as leftist as he's like (this was the mistake made when Souter was nominated by Bush, wasn't it?).

Exactly -- there have been a number of cases of justices who don't turn out as advertised. As to Crissy, the nomination is more political than legal, so it wouldn't matter to Obama if she did run a sloppy ship. After all, he's out to promote his agenda, not to interpret the Constitution. But I agree, mention of Crissy as a candidate was really just some wishful thinking by the local drive-by media.

Post imported post

I sincerely hope he gets his house taken in the interest of economic development.

Post imported post

Jered wrote:
    I sincerely hope he gets his house taken in the interest of economic development.

Amen to that.

Post imported post

Dreams can come true.....

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    +1

Exactly right, Obama can't do worse than what we've got in this case. The odds are in fact way better for us than if Souter wasn't retiring.