• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 24c

XDM OWNER

imported post

I just bought a Glock 24c. long slide Glock with a ported or compensated barrel in .40 cal . Put the veridian green lazer on it cant wait to take it to the range and sight it in. Handles real nice and fits like a glove. Will let everyone know how it shoots and will post pics....

Rick

XDM OWNER

imported post

All I can say is I LIKE IT.....super accurate, hardly no rise from recoil. Put the green dot where you want the round and fire away 2" groups at 50'. I should have got one of these months ago...................6.2" of .40cal sweetness..............

IMGP6355.jpg

IMGP6356.jpg

IMGP6357.jpg

IMGP6358.jpg

XDM OWNER

imported post

Actually I have the XDM .40 and the XDM 9mm. And like them both. I also own 3 glocks G17, G19 and now the G24c, I also own a couple of Taurus a 24/7 and a 44 mag, I also own several Smith and Wesson weapons. I guess the point im trying to make is I like a little of everything. Being devoted to a certain kind of weapon is cool if thats what your into. I personaly think There is alot to offer out there as far as weapons and I just cant see any reason to post what you did. So im gonna ignore it for now and go on my mary way. My father taught me at an early age and I still go by this at my current age and that is I you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Now I may be reading more to this than really is here and If I am Im sorry. But If Im right my statement stands.......And actually I looked at the tactical and I like the M better. Just personal prefference.....................

Dustin

imported post

XDM OWNER wrote:
I just cant see any reason to post what you did. So im gonna ignore it for now and go on my mary way. My father taught me at an early age and I still go by this at my current age and that is I you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

What are you talking about ?

Who are you talking too ?

Might won't to read back over the post again :?

DrewGunner

imported post

Very nice. How does the accuracy/recoil compare to your xdm?

I've been thinking about building a G24 or G35 comp gun. Sadly XD doesn't have the aftermarket support glock does.

Dustin

DrewGunner

imported post

Dustin wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Sadly XD doesn't have the aftermarket support glock does.

Huh ? :shock: Whatever do you mean ?

http://www.springerprecision.com/

http://xdguys.com/

http://www.xdpistols.com/

http://springfieldxdstore.com/

Just to name a few,

Not to mention EVERY Major Online Store I know of sells XD Parts and Accessories.

No aftermarket support ?

Yea, those guys sell magazines and holsters, great. There might be a total of 3 companies that make Match grade barrels. 2 that do triggers. 1 that makes 1 type of guide rod. Never seen an optic mount.

Dustin

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Dustin wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Sadly XD doesn't have the aftermarket support glock does.

Huh ? :shock: Whatever do you mean ?

http://www.springerprecision.com/

http://xdguys.com/

http://www.xdpistols.com/

http://springfieldxdstore.com/

Just to name a few,

Not to mention EVERY Major Online Store I know of sells XD Parts and Accessories.

No aftermarket support ?

Yea, those guys sell magazines and holsters, great. There might be a total of 3 companies that make Match grade barrels. 2 that do triggers. 1 that makes 1 type of guide rod. Never seen an optic mount.

Glocks have been out for almost "30 YEARS" ! OBVIOULSY there will be more aftermarket support :banghead:

Second, XD's have been out for what, 7 years. So of course they don't have the same level, but don't act likeall that's out there is holsters and magazines.

Anyway,I don't know anyone who uses an optics mount, at the range or in competition with a Glock, XD, M&P or any other Polymer Pistol.Optics mounts arenot even allowed in the tournaments around here.

DrewGunner

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Glocks have been out for almost "30 YEARS" ! OBVIOULSY there will be more aftermarket support :banghead:

Second, XD's have been out for what, 7 years. So of course they don't have the same level..

Yea... That's pretty much what I said. "XD doesn't have the aftermarket support glock does."

Dustin wrote:
but don't act likeall that's out there is holsters and magazines.
Umm... I didn't... "There might be a total of 3 companies that make Match grade barrels. 2 that do triggers. 1 that makes 1 type of guide rod."

Dustin wrote:
Anyway,I don't know anyone who uses an optics mount, at the range or in competition with a Glock, XD, M&P or any other Polymer Pistol.Optics mounts arenot even allowed in the tournaments around here.
So... Yea... Nobody makes an optic mount for XD yet...

Dustin

DrewGunner

imported post

Dustin wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Dustin wrote:
I'm sure if you wanted someone could.

Yea, I mean it could be done. I just think it would be a lot easier to build a glock than an XD, probably cheaper too.
Yea, no doubt there.

There are indeed optics mounts though;

http://www.google.com/products?q=Optics+mount+for+xd&hl=en

Haven't seen any like this though:

DisplayPic.aspx

Even though that's the ONLY one like it I could find for the Glock.

**sigh**

No, there are NOT optic mounts for XDs (yet).I think there might beone company that makes a piece of shit plastic one.

The link you posted shows Burris Fast Fire Sight"Mount". Which is this:

mounting_plate.jpg

This mounts to the Fast Fire Sight giving you this:
fastfireII.jpg

A mount that attaches to a Weaver to Picatinny rail... How does that get attached to the XD.....??????

I guess you could attach it straight to the slide... like this:

100_0672_1.jpg

But me thinks thats a waste of time and money.

There are about a dozen of companies that make really nice glock mounts like this:

glockjockey%20071_400px.gif

Give it up. I've researched this topic more than you have.

Can we give this guy back his thread yet?

Dustin

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
I guess you could attach it straight to the slide... like this:

100_0672_1.jpg

But me thinks thats a waste of time and money.

There are about a dozen of companies that make really nice glock mounts like this:

glockjockey%20071_400px.gif

Give it up. I've researched this topic more than you have.

Can we give this guy back his thread yet?

I can't see the top image but the bottom mount does look good.

BTW I don't think he's here anymore. :lol:

XDM OWNER

imported post

This is what im refering to. maybe you might want to reread your post and also and the other post above. just to come on someones post and slam there choice of fire arms . Yes im talking to you and your buddy above. and now your starting smack with the other guy, hey If you dont like glocks get off my thread. If you dont like what I type dont read it. and if you continue I'll report you to the mods. if you have nothing nice to say stay off my thread. I have just as much right as you do. I dont come on your post and talk smack so dont do on mine.................:cuss:

XDM OWNER

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Very nice. How does the accuracy/recoil compare to your xdm?

I've been thinking about building a G24 or G35 comp gun. Sadly XD doesn't have the aftermarket support glock does.
There is very little recoil. And once sighted in 2" groups are not a problem at 50'